Rear Script I Placements?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corbin

Reaction score
Im planing out how to set up my 5.1 system im useing aeruis I's and a Cenima in the front and im going to use Script I in the back. My qestion is what is the ideal derection to point the rear speakers? should they be angled to the listener or be strait twoards the front wall or strait on to the liteners. I have a 16x16 room with one wall completly open to the dinning room and the coutch will sit on the back wall. any ideas for seting my back two speakers up would be much apprisiated thanks guy and gals

in a 5.1 your rear surround should be on the side walls, near to 110 degrees from front center, that is - just a bit behind your seating position, but on the side walls.

but with one open wall. well that is harder.

if the couch is against the back wall, harder still.

if that is how it is then consider putting the speakers as far apart on the back wall as possible (really wide) and then aimed toward the couch. that might work, but you're going to lose the rear ambiance/echoing with no air behind you.

If your using the ML mounting brackets you can adjust the angle once they are hung. I prefer mounting on the side walls angled toward the listener, but since you are open on one side that is not possible. I was at MLO members Burke's house and he had made wooden stands for his scripts which I thought worked really well and made it easy to adjust if necessary. I also mounted my scripts upside down which enabled me to hang the scripts higher off the ground while keeping the electrostatic panel at ear level. I experimented with placement before permanently mounting, but went back and lowered the scripts another 6 or 7 inches after having them in place for a couple of months. I also mounted acoustical foam behind them to absorb the rear wave. You can probably check out the pics of Burke's and my system and do a search to see other members systems with scripts to get ideas.

Hey thanks for the imput guys from what im understanding the opptimal place would be pointed at the listening spot from the side and behind the ear. i can mount one like that really easy but mabey i can make a stand off barcket of some sort to bolt to the back wall and mount the speaker as if there was a wall there and of course try and make it look nice lol thanks alot guys i cant wait to hear these bad boys im away from home and i had my dad actuly go pick them up for me pretty exited to get the powered up thoe

Back