Re-Kindle the flames ?????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, but is it chain drive?

**Really, really, really obscure car history humor.;)**

LOL, I got it. :D

I also did a double-take when I saw which name they resurrected for a new hybrid drivetrain. Talk about contrast ...

I didn't think the sound would be so convincing through my PC speakers but it clearly proves that vinyl does sounds better than CDs ...even when played backwards.

Great sleuthing, but I'm not conviced the test was really fair. The antiskate on the first TT is obviously well off; I demand a re-test! :)

hey Twith54 didn't you order yourself a new cartridge? do you have it yet?

I found some relevant studies that will address the main topic of this thread: How music is mastered matters most

There is an excellent post by one of Harman International's leading scientists on the core problem in Audio: the Circle of Confusion

One of the most interesting items was this:

Figure 2 shows the distribution of in-room responses measured at the primary listening location where the recordings are monitored and mixed. The 1/3-octave smoothed curves show a reasonably tight ± 2.5 dB variation above 1 kHz. However, below 1 kHz, variation in the in-room response gets progressively much worse at lower frequencies. Below 100 Hz, the in-room bass response can vary as much 25 dB among the different control rooms! You needn’t look any further than here to understand why the quality and quantity of bass is so variable among the recordings in your music library.

I mean, really, how can anyone on any system using any medium claim to hear what the producer/artist intended if this is how the audio chain works.

It's badly broken my friends.

Thanks for sharing Jonathan ! ....good read !

Latest posts

Back