Random Picture and Video Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope someone here gets this :)

241089_Large%20Hadron%20Collider%20activates%20today.jpg

[+] means you're pregnant
[-] means you're NOT pregnant

Eh, the pic was taken down, we must have been using too much bandwidth here.

Anyway, it was a pic of the Large Hadron Collider with a reference to the game Half Life.

Cool Lotus

Lotus' new Concept Ice Vehicle (or CIV), Among other notable features, the biofuel-powered, propeller-driven vehicle boasts an ice penetrating radar to detect potentially perilous crevasses, seating for one brave individual, and a spiked "foot" to stop the thing in a hurry.

Attachments

• lotus-ice-vehicle-2.jpg
    lotus-ice-vehicle-2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 191
Dry Lake Delton

Took the kids to the Wisconsin Dells this last week. We had a great time and saw one of the strangest sights ever. Do any of you remember hearing about the lake in Wisconsin that emptied? Well that is where the famous Tommy Bartlett show has been held for around 50 years. No water for the show now.

In the first picture you see a bar/restaurant across the at one time lake
Picture 2 shows some of the viewing stands and the same bar/restaurant

Quite a problem to solve.

Doug - out

Attachments

• dry lake 1.jpg
    dry lake 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 168
  • dry lake 2.jpg
    dry lake 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 167
Another dry lake pic

In this pic you can see a very nice home with a boat just sitting on the bottom.
Doug - out

Attachments

• Dry lake 3.jpg
    Dry lake 3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 157
Took the kids to the Wisconsin Dells this last week. We had a great time and saw one of the strangest sights ever. Do any of you remember hearing about the lake in Wisconsin that emptied? Well that is where the famous Tommy Bartlett show has been held for around 50 years. No water for the show now.

In the first picture you see a bar/restaurant across the at one time lake
Picture 2 shows some of the viewing stands and the same bar/restaurant

Quite a problem to solve.

Doug - out

WOW. The Tommy Bartlett show is too cheesy anyway. Good thing they closed.. ROFL!!

Mr. Grump

WOW. The Tommy Bartlett show is too cheesy anyway. Good thing they closed.. ROFL!!

Come on Tom, remember their target audience...........little ones. My kids loved the show even without the water. There were parts of the show that my wife and I enjoyed.

Doug - out

This is just downright creepy... seriously, I kind of got the heebie jeebies watching it.

http://www.bostondynamics.com/content/sec.php?section=BigDog

As a s/w engineer, I can say that I think the s/w controlling that thing is pretty impressive... it appears to be alive and making it's decisions in the same way an animal/human would. Very cool indeed... I award the systems engineers and programmers 5 Gold Stars! OK for all I know the code may be awful to read, but functionally it IS very impressive...

The noise emitted is very NON-AUDIOPHILE, however. Definately needs an upgrade!

MR scanner burns to the ground

1.5 T MR scanner when things go wrong...

Attachments

• burned1.JPG
    burned1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 169
  • burned2.JPG
    burned2.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 166
  • burned3.JPG
    burned3.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 168
I'll be thinking about this thread the next time I go into one of those things. Been there twice already.

Tech said it started making strange noises during scan, whose got louder and louder, then the operator aborted scan and removed the patient quickly... the magnet was starting catch on fire. Didn't hear what happened and nobody got hurt.

We've been developing and selling lighting fixtures for MRI environments over the past year. The problem is that you can't tolerate the use of any ferous materials anywhere within the room used for the scanning. I suspect it was caused by one of our competetors lighting fixtures!

:devil::devil::devil:

Back