Questions about Dynamo 500 specs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HamEJH

Reaction score
I am looking to complete my HT setup with a sub for movies. I have been happy with my recent ML purchases and have been researching the Dynamo 500 to compliment my Prefaces. I am not an expert on audio equipment so I figure I can get my questions answered here.

The ML website defines the Dynamo 500 frequency response: "29–200 Hz ±3dB; Anechoic through LFE effects input"

I am not sure what this means exactly. I have read that the human audio range goes down to 20Hz, and then you feel anything lower than that. So my main concern is will I be getting the full range from this sub for movies. If I got this sub I would use an LFE connection to bypass the built in filter and use my receiver as the crossover.

Does this sub play sound lower than 29Hz? If so, does it mean that the lower Hz will be softer than 3dB at reference levels? If not, is there some sort of governor that prevents it from playing lower?
What does "Anechoic" mean?

Back