Question Re: Test Tone Sound

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dcolt

Hi everyone,

Brand new ML owner here! :eek: I've set up 5 new Frescos along with a Denon 4306 and am loving the sound so far.

I'm concerned that one of my speakers may be defective. I've been configuring and placing speakers over the past two days, and I've noticed that the test-tone I get from the receiver for channel level is NOT uniform in all of the speakers. Three of the speakers sound virtually identical with the tone, one is slightly off, and then the fifth is significantly lower than the other four. I've tried switching wires and plugging that speaker into different channels, but it always sounds the same.

Now in regular use, the speaker sounds fine. But I'm concerned that it's not reproducing the test-tone in the same fashion as the other four. Is this a normal occurrence? Could this be speaker break-in? Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated!

Have you tried moving the speaker to another's spot rather than changing the channel driving it? It might be the room.

Have you tried moving the speaker to another's spot rather than changing the channel driving it? It might be the room.

I thought about that, but the effect is the same even if I'm standing directly in front of the speaker. There's a noticeable difference in the tone between one rear speaker and the next, as measured from one foot in front of each speaker, respectively.

I'd contact your dealer, and see if they'll let you trade one out (or test it at their shop). if you've switched the wires and the channels, you've covered most of your bases. Don't bother with the hassle, just get it replaced.

Latest posts

Back