question re: Dick Olsher review ( the Absolute Sound ) on Vista

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatancdan

Reaction score
In the last part of his review he states that the Vista has problems with upper bass 120-240 hz, that it is deficit about 3 db over this range causing sound to be anemic. Later in review says " Vista is a lean clean machine"

For members on this forum... do you notice this much? I listen mostly to popular music from 1970's, 1980's soft rock, hard rock but no rap or heavy metal.

Should I be concerned about Vista's being too lean?

Dan

I have a big old analog spectrum analysier here after I get settled I will let you know how the curves look in my room. I guess we will both find out.

Hola Miatancdan. What do your ears tell you? Please, do not listen to minor flaws...listen the whole benefit to music that Vistas gives you. You have to spend thousands of dollars to match your ML Vistas with other brand (this is my liking). Listen to the air between instruments, listen how clearly you can distinguish between a violin and a viola. The truly 3D sound stage. The right size of the instruments. The heart of the musician(s) playing for your there, in your own living room. Believe me this> The reviewers have to say something regarding the speakers, any speaker. The Vistas are not perfect. But believe what your ears are telling you. Vistas are one of those in the marketplace that sings along with the musical instruments. Just enjoy what you are listening!!! Forget about what the reviewer is saying...they exaggerate the problem if there is a problem... read the good part for the Vistas, and you will see that he is overhelmed of the overall product...."Yet, it lean tonal balance impacts timbre accuracy"... " This si a speaker that merits a careful audition"...words of the same reviewer. Just trust your ears!!!... they are telling the truth and only the truth!. Please tell us what do you think about your Vistas. Do you think that any other speaker brand, twece of what you paid for the Vistas, offers better sound? With all respect, I do not think so, and also many others from this forum. There are so many good things for the Vistas offer, as an example, coherence from 450 Hz and up... no crossover phase shift for a tweter, or having just a big driver moving many air (sound is created by a change of pressure in the air) so the inner detail is reveal with tons of detail and truth life size. As I said before, trust your ears, not in specs!!! I wish a very happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Definitely a surplus 120-240Hz, as measured, in my case. I'll provide a frequency response graph later, which will also show that Vista can go down to 34Hz!!!

vistan.jpg

My room is rather small (20ftx16ft).

P.S. I know I have some problems but soon I'll be moving to my new listening room and than we'll see.

Thanx for the graph I dont think thats a small room I have people cram speakers into small rooms jus because they like the speaker & dont care. I have a hump at 60-80 Hz in my room with the Maggies but its tamed with traps & EQ. Wonder how the vistas will go...

Back