Pulling the trigger on new amplification...(Joey-itis has taken hold)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and SEE Joey?! If you tell people before the deal is done it's bad luck. Tom, son't tell us next time :p

I was SO excited when I offered him 3500 and he countered at 3700 and I agreed!!! (He was asking 3950 obo on his Audiogon ad).

When I first talked to him on the telephone, it sounded like he was breaking up with his girlfriend. It was obvious that he was not sure he wanted to sell them. I went to the bank and got a cashier's check and made sure that if the deal went sour, I could take the check back without any issues.

We planned to meet at 1PM today and he gave me his home address and I had mapped it all out.

Then he called last night and said he changed his mind.. Said he hooked them all back into his system and fell in love with them all over again. DOH!

We planned to meet at 1PM today and he gave me his home address and I had mapped it all out.

Then he called last night and said he changed his mind.. Said he hooked them all back into his system and fell in love with them all over again. DOH!

Enter Tom, known as the prez, which has fought Joeyitis... and Tom won !

... but the price to pay was too high....a very very sad story. It's like reading the lottery numbers on your ticket, you are a winner, then you realize you're looking at last week's numers... :sad:

Enter Tom, known as the prez, which has fought Joeyitis... and Tom won !

... but the price to pay was too high....a very very sad story. It's like reading the lottery numbers on your ticket, you are a winner, then you realize you're looking at last week's numers... :sad:

Tom's not won! It's inevitable Mr. Tom... inevitable Mr. Anderson.... I mean... Tom.

Joey ;)

I was SO excited when I offered him 3500 and he countered at 3700 and I agreed!!! (He was asking 3950 obo on his Audiogon ad).

When I first talked to him on the telephone, it sounded like he was breaking up with his girlfriend. It was obvious that he was not sure he wanted to sell them. I went to the bank and got a cashier's check and made sure that if the deal went sour, I could take the check back without any issues.

Well, it's a small but good sign that they're great amps!

Good luck finding another pair, sorry this one didn't work out.

Tom,

Audio Advisor has a demo pair of JC-1's. but their $5949.90 for the pair, list price for the pair is $7000.00.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1PAJC1

Tom, there are at least 8 ways of buying amplification nowadays:

1) by weight
2) by watts delivered
3) by sound
4) by historic value
5) by prestinge/brand
6) by reviews
7) by percieved value
8) by advertising

you choose, but I vote for #3. And if you can't judge that parameter, well, don't.

Tom

I'd like to suggest you look for a good used pair of Aragon Palladiums, preferably the 1K versions which are the latest. I just got a pair and all I can say is WOW! D'agostino designed, dual differential, first 120watts Class A and then 600wpc A/B @4 ohms really make my Summits sing. The Palladiums are very neutral and smooth sounding without being too warm or bright. They make a great combination with a tube pre....

P.S. They look cool in silver too!

Attachments

• for-web-eq.JPG
    for-web-eq.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Well before I had a chance to think, there are another pair of JC1s on A-gon for 3300 and I've emailed the seller already!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Tom.:rolleyes:

Well before I had a chance to think, there are another pair of JC1s on A-gon for 3300 and I've emailed the seller already!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Tom.:rolleyes:

PASS LABS???

I saw those and was going to email you about them, but got real busy and forgot. Glad to see you saw them.

Yep, are you giving up on the Pass???

The JC1s are my first choice. I'm sure the X250.5 is a wonderful amp too.

So, I'm not "giving up" on Pass, just have a better chance to get the JC1s at this point in time.

BTW, a guy I sold my 3bx to has a Threshold Stasis amp (designed by Nelson Pass) and he RAVED about it with Logans.

The JC1s are my first choice. I'm sure the X250.5 is a wonderful amp too.

So, I'm not "giving up" on Pass, just have a better chance to get the JC1s at this point in time.

BTW, a guy I sold my 3bx to has a Threshold Stasis amp (designed by Nelson Pass) and he RAVED about it with Logans.

Gotcha. As long as your happy that's all that matters.:D

As a Forte amp owner, I can't help but be a fan of Threshold gear. I think you'll be in good hands with either a John Curl design or a Pass design ;)

Back