PS Audio Announce DirectStream Junior

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy, direct stream owner here too. I think I may now hit the panic button and sell mine lol.

+1. Love mine too. You saw Ted mention the upgrade to Yale is coming along right?

Is it just me, but I can't stand the name? Why on earth would you call a high-end audio product a "Junior". What BS.

Is it just me, but I can't stand the name? Why on earth would you call a high-end audio product a "Junior". What BS.

Not a big fan of the name either. But why did Von schweikert create the VR4 jr?? To capitalize on the success of the original product.....of course

There are plenty of ways they could capatalise on the name with resorting to words like "Junior", "Economy", or "Light".

With a name like that, they may as well have called it the "Directstream Cheap 'n' nasty".

Nobody wants to spend that sort of money for a "Junior" product, do they?

Well I completely agree with you about the dough. However I use the VR4 as an example as it too is junior and quite pricey and quite audiophile. But what I disagree with is this concept that 4k is somehow now the price for a dac for the poor people. The marketing is 'for those that couldn't afford the DS'. If someone didn't like 6k they won't like 4k - and knowing that there is something admittedly better. I think it is a poor idea and nothing I would be interested in. I also hope that this product does not diminish the work going into the improvement of the DS. I just don't see how this is not the exact same market segment - but with sound that is not as good.

Back