Prodigy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
Hi All,
Wanting to get an opinion. I have Prodigy's and wonder if it would be an upgrade to go to Spires, dumb question maybe.
The panels are less than a year old. The room is 16'x 14' with a 7'-8" ceiling.Equipment is LSA Signature integrated wirh a Kora-Hermes modded Dac using a MF- A1 CD Pro as a transport.
I have had M-L's since the Sequels. Any opinions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Bob

Hello,
I would stick with your Prodigies if you are happy with them. They really are classics. Especially given you recently replaced the panels.

On the plus side, with the money Prodigies are going for recently, you should be able to pick up a pair of Summits or Spires used for about the same money. Especially with your recent panel replacement.
Cheers,
ML

Hi Bob,
I wouldn't part with them. They are very special speakers, indeed!!Perhaps the money would be better spent elsewhere in your system.Sometimes new is just new.
Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input!
About a year or so ago I heard the Summits at the dealer I have been doing business with for over 25 years and thay did not make me want to change.
Maybe time to try something else amp wise or something like seperates again although the LSA is nice and handles the speakers very well. In 35 years I have had all ss to all tube to a mix.
Over the years I have had AR ( Vt-100 with ML REF pre),Bryston,Aragon,MF, Sonic Frontiers any others I have forgotten.
Never tried Pass but did have Plinius. Maybe ears are changing due to turning 55.
Thanks again,
Bob

Back