Prodigy static charge circuitry

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patounet

Reaction score
Has any one experienced my problem ? One of my Prodigy speaker is very sensitive to main AC alimentation and turns on (blue ML logo) if storm in Paris or if you switch on any electric device in the house. No the other speaker which keeps sleeping mode.
After that, this hyper sensitive speaker turns off after 5 minutes as usual into the sleeping mode.
My customer said there is no adjusting part on electric board.
What item has to be changed on the board ? Does any body has the circuitry schematic of these Prodigy ? Thank you guys and regards !
patounet

Bonjour et bienvenue à notre club.

Sounds to me like the "music Sense" circuit on that speaker could be triggered by inducted noise on the speaker cables. So I'd first check that the speaker wires and power cables are well separated.
I'd also double check that the power amp is not amplifying noise on one of its inputs by disconnecting the inputs to the amp, then turning on an electric device that had previously triggered the problem. If it still causes the problem, power down the amp. If that cures it, the speaker is fine, and something from the amp back in your audio chain is propagating an electrical spike which the amp augments and trips the music sense in that speaker.

Try these system troubleshooting suggestions, and if they still point at a problem in the speaker, we can look at how to diagnose that. But my bet is it's outside the speaker.

Last edited:
First, thank you Jonathan for your greetings and your quick reply. I appreciate.

Even the speakers cables were plugged or not at the Prodigy, I could switch on the static sensitive circuit of this speaker if turning on a electric device in the building. Not every time but often.
And you are right about the trigged noise of the speaker cable through a AC power cable.
When the Prodigy is sleeping with HP cables out of speaker, if you connect a speaker cable to the post, it makes the speaker turning ON.

My french importer suggested to plug this speaker to another AC line power, to make a try, he thinks this peaker is plugged at a noisy AC area.
So I am trying this and I have plugged this speaker at the same AC line as the other one.
It is better but I always have the speaker cable along a AC power line (waf)… and the weather is not so dry in Paris these days, so sparks are not so stronger.
I have to make test on a longer time to be sure and I come back to you.
Thank you again for your help Jonathan.

Patounet
PRODIGY speakers, MARK LEVINSON ML332 amp, CLASSE CP60 preamp… but waiting soon for complete CELLO amp and preamp that I tried… Waouh.

Back