Pro-ject 3 Xpressions Classic

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InterMechanico

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm looking for impressions on this TT from you experts. I've pretty well decided on one with an Olive wood plinth. It has an Ortofon M2 Red Cartridge.

This will be a new, untapped outlet for my OCD :eek:

Recommended upgrades?

I've pretty well decided to step up to the Ortofon M2 Bronze cartridge, but I'm sure there is room in other areas as well.

Ok, so isolating vibration is very important, got that. I will have to be creative since i live near railroad tracks and there can be some (((Vibration))).

The RIAA is the Pre-Amplification, correct? I will be trying the phono inputs on my Yamaha A-S2000 first, as the phono stage is supposed to be fairly good. I think I will have to set my attenuation though? I imagine the proper specification will be in the paperwork for the cartridge.

I was thinking of building a dedicated audio rack with vibration damping throughout. I need to make some time though.

I will test run on Wednesday Evening!

Relevant Information on the A-S2000?

Input sensitivity of phono stage: Phono MM 2.5 mV/47 k-ohms / Phono MC 100 μV/50 ohms (Select either MM or MC Cartridge)

RIAA Equalization Deviation
Phono MM: 20Hz--20kHz, +/- 0.5dB
Phono MC: 20Hz--20kHz, +/- 0.5dB

This is Very Exciting :D

The phono stage in the Yamaha has good reputation. I have never heard it, though. The 2M red can be upgraded at a later stage to e.g. 2M blck, simply by swapping the needle part.

But get settled with what you have, it's a good start that will get you far.

Enjoy the music!

WOW! This was a TERRIBLE idea, Financially speaking. From a musical standpoint, SO rewarding!!!! The music sounds much more alive. Less than perfect but less tiring as well. I'll make a concerted effort not to miss too much work.

Back