Prima Luna 42 watt tube amp with EM-ESL's: a good match?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boccaccio70

Reaction score
Hi everyone- I am in need of some advice... I am trying to weigh my economic standing vs my sound quality in regards to pairing up a Prima Luna (highest class) Dialogue Integrated Amp, with 42.5 watts per channel, or bumping up another 30 watts with a a Prima Luna ( highest class)Dialogue premier preamp coupled with a pair of Prima Luna (standard class) Prologue Mono blocks, at 70 watts per channel. One of these choices is going to be powering my Martin Logan entry level Electrostatic EM-ESL hybrid speakers ($2200). Going the monoblock route adds 3K+ to my payout, as well as increased cable costs. Will I hear a huge difference with the pricier monoblocks adding 30 watts per channel to the mix? I am new to both the world of electrostatic and tube amps

Hi Bocca,

Lots of info / opinions on amps and ML's.

The search function can be your friend.

GG

Boccacciao70, I think a lot has to depend on how loudly you listen to music and the size of the room. Those speakers are 91db efficient, so 40wpc can drive them easily, but I'm not sure at what sound level they might start to clip. I found that my Aerius, which were 89db efficient, liked 100wpc of tubed power.

Back