Poor air quality, the fires in Canada

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert D

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the fires are bad in Canada still? This morning when I woke up I heard that Nova Scotia is particularly bad.
We live in Ohio and we are in the red zone, some purple in parts of my area. Purple is air quality of 200 or more which is rated very unhealthy. Red is unhealthy. I can feel it I think because I have both heart failure and asthma. Bad combo for dirty air. Outside the air is freaking hazy. Looks like bad smog.

At first I thought a neighbor was burning leaves, but no. It's bad. It's been bad this summer on and of because of these Canadian forest fires. Our air is usually very clean. It's do frustrating that we have no control of our air quality. It must be due to weather patterns too, carrying the air down to our part of the country. Nova Scotia is far east from here.
Here is the air quality map now. How is your area?
https://gispub.epa.gov/airnow/?show...min=1533855.2166060228&ymax=7609681.720936503

Last edited:
The air is so bad that my Samsung HEPA air filter is picking up on it and has increased air intake by speeding up the fan and opening the air intake more. Its usually on slowest speed and small intake size. So the pollution from those fires is inside my home. Probably not much good on my new Prodigy panels.

Easiest solution is to cover them with plastic bags.

I do this all the time with the plastic shipping bags that the speakers came in when any cooking is going on in the house.

At other times, when not in use, I use the black cloth bags that the speakers were shipped in.

Back