Play a little Monkees tonite

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Dave Jones..........RIP.....holy smokes he was only 7 years older than me

Dave Jones..........RIP.....holy smokes he was only 7 years older than me

I was reading some online comments from the general population about his death. It was frightening to see how many folks admitted they'd never heard of Davy. This getting old thing is for the birds (and the remaining Monkees).

RIP Davy

I was reading some online comments from the general population about his death. It was frightening to see how many folks admitted they'd never heard of Davy. This getting old thing is for the birds (and the remaining Monkees).

RIP Davy

No its not.. We lived thru an awesome time... Beatles,Stones,Who,Zepplin etc.... My kids think I was so lucky to live when music was something you didn't have to hunt out... be thankful!! Yes, Davy Jones - definite bummer... but my favorite Monkee was Mickey... Sucks....

"Just trying to be friendly - to everyone we meet."

Could do with more of that attitude in this world.

Fond childhood memories. Thanks, Davy!

No its not.. We lived thru an awesome time... Beatles,Stones,Who,Zepplin etc.... My kids think I was so lucky to live when music was something you didn't have to hunt out... be thankful!! Yes, Davy Jones - definite bummer... but my favorite Monkee was Mickey... Sucks....

Yes it is. I don't like getting old. That's different than appreciating the great things that happened in the world around me while growing up.

Yes it is. I don't like getting old. That's different than appreciating the great things that happened in the world around me while growing up.

Haha. Me neither! I've been hitting the gym for the past 2.5 years to try and stop it! I feel good but just don't know if it is working!

Haha. Me neither! I've been hitting the gym for the past 2.5 years to try and stop it! I feel good but just don't know if it is working!

I've been exercising too and really trying to eat right - I do think it's working to some extent (i.e. at least postponing the signs of age). Less grunting when I get up from almost any sitting, kneeling, or lying down position :) That's a biggy. Also, much harder to get winded when engaged in high-exursion actitivites like checking the mail or lifting an iPad ;) Doing a mix of P90X and another program. Getting my ass kicked by the virtual Tony Horton has allowed me to kick ass in other ways... not to mention just the whole feeling good part of it. That can never be overstated enough (IMO).

Back