Photo Sizing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use Photobucket.com to host your images it will resize your photos automatically for you. There standard size is 800 X 600.

Can anyone lead me to a link where you can download a software to resize photos? I thought I saw a link in one of the threads here. Thanks for the help

Try PIXresizer - it'll batch convert many files at a time to your selected size, leaving the originals untouched.

If you use Photobucket.com to host your images it will resize your photos automatically for you. There standard size is 800 X 600.

And that seems a good size for this forum as well.

Limiting a picture to 800 pixels across still leaves room for the various site and browser elements even on a 1024 size screen.

When people post >1024 sized images, it screws up the horizontal scrolling on most displays <1280 wide.

besides, the file size limits tend to encourage a smaller display size anyway.

So I'd say:

Posts in the body of a thread - max 800x600 (or at least limited to 800 wide)

Anything larger, link to an off-site host.

In general that's the guideline I've tried to stick to in my posts.

The other guideline is whether to link off-site or attach.

If it's core to the message of the thread, and ML or direct audio related, I tend to use attachments, as they will be persistent and consistent across time.

I hate digging through old threads and run across posts with links to images that convey the 1000 missing words and the link is dead.

Back