philips sacd transport

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Reaction score
A warning to any SACD users . Recently my Musical Fidelitty Tri-Vista 300 SACD player developed a fault , no problem I thought and took it back to my dealers . the dealer sent it back to MF . To cut along story short , MF said it was irreparible as philips no longer support the SACD transport . My machine was two and a half years old and cost £4000 . MF have replaced the Tri-Vista with a new DM25 DAC and transport at 75% discount
plus tax and I must say they sound very good but of course they dont play SACD .
So be warned , many machines use the philips transport and if it fails your prized machine may be scrap !

:devil:

I'm told it's the silicon that drives the servos.

Mine has "gone bats" once, for quite a few days. But it's been fine for quite a while now. It'll go eventually, though. Musical Fidelity won't get any more money from me, at least in the short term. I just do not like their current range of players, for various reasons. If they release something I actually like, and mine fails, I'll see if a trade in against it can be worked out.

http://www.jsaudiorepairs.co.uk/index.html

This guy can keep Tri-Vistas working - at least the DAC section. Apparently, the transport can fail so badly, it won't power up properly. He dumps a CD transport in to get round it.

Back