Perhaps the greatest mancave ever?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Perhaps?

Arguable... but I'm sure none of you guys here wouldn't want a piece of this action. Enjoy fellas!

Ultimate Man Cave Audio Room

A teaser pic...

208great.7.jpg

208great.2.jpg

I honestly don't think I've seen anything that's dropped my jaw quite like the second pic... absolutely stunning.

the pics make everything seem like its a story high but the stuff is pretty small.

at first when is aw the pics i thought speakers were over 15 ft tall

How could it be the ultimate man-cave without a pair of STATEMENTS in there??

I love reading the comments!! too funny.. especially the one that says, "I bet he has a small pen1s"

I almost wet myself laughing so hard!

Last edited:
I don't know about "Greatest" but certainly "Most Audacious" Man Cave ever. With all that tube amplification, I bet his HVAC system cost more than the speakers. Man, can you imagine the bill when it comes time to re-tube? Seems a waste, though. All that great tube amplification and not a planar speaker in sight.

You guys think if he was missing a tube amp that he'd notice?

Greatest or not, I applaud his devotion to the hobby.

Is it me ....are my eyes going bad....... ??? I don't believe I see any I/C's or speaker cables in sight ??? Truthfully, while there is one heck of alot of "gear" in that room, it looks like "Blown out Tweeter show room on steroids", albeit at a higher end than any Tweeter ever saw !

I just like the way the tube amps encircle the listener (er, dog).. kinda reminds me of the droidekas from the Star Wars movies... complete with feet and all. :)

Yes - very big waste in my opinion - I always reserve judgement until hearing a system, but I can't imagine that this system would sound any better (and probably worse) than a modest, simple, well thought out system. I can't imagine it would be that cohesive, and speakers appear to be poorly secured, sitting on top of one another.

A three-year-old in an F1 car does not make a racing driver - similarly, a lot of expensive equipment in a room does not make a good sounding system!

And yes, imagine the cost when it comes time to re-tube those Macs!

Could you really just relax and enjoy music in that environment ? I prefer a more homey environment; okay, my homey environment includes a lot of electronics, but not to the extent shown.

Yes - very big waste in my opinion - I always reserve judgement until hearing a system, but I can't imagine that this system would sound any better (and probably worse) than a modest, simple, well thought out system. I can't imagine it would be that cohesive, and speakers appear to be poorly secured, sitting on top of one another.

A three-year-old in an F1 car does not make a racing driver - similarly, a lot of expensive equipment in a room does not make a good sounding system!

And yes, imagine the cost when it comes time to re-tube those Macs!

I somehow get the impression that tube replacement costs are not an issue with this gentlemen. :haha1:

It's bogus. Without any wires the only sound you will hear is the sound of silence. Wires must be more difficult to photoshop. It just makes no sense in so many ways. I'm not buying it (not that I could anyway).

"Hey can you grab that album? Just step over the giant Mac Tube amps and reach behind the tower speakers and be careful not to knock over my Nautilus Sub model on your way back with that beer in your hand".

Last edited:
I have the magazine w/ the article about this theater in it. It is amazing no doubt. $6MM! Amazing what a few centavos can buy you huh?! Just CRAZY! He is working on a bigger one too...it is a business for him as much as a hobby from the way the article read.

Does the article explain why there are no wires or did they just remove them for the photo shoot? Ever notice you never see wires in magazine ads to include ML? I wonder if he paid MSRP? You'd think the dealer could have given him a quantity discount. I'm going to ask my dealer if he'll let me home audition 24 Mac amps.

Last edited:
Does the article explain why there are no wires or did they just remove them for the photo shoot? Ever notice you never see wires in magazine ads to include ML? I wonder if he paid MSRP? You'd think the dealer could have given him a quantity discount. I'm going to ask my dealer if he'll let me home audition 24 Mac amps.

They had to remove it for the photoshoot... noway can you hide that many wires. If you look at the overhead photo, the Macs dont have speaker wire coming out of the binding posts....

I somehow get the impression that tube replacement costs are not an issue with this gentlemen. :haha1:

I am guessing the tubes put off enough heat to lower his heating bill!!! This dude is SAVING MONEY!!!:rocker:

Back