Patricia Barber at Chicago's Green Mill cost $7.00

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was the day I was planning to go. So it works for me.

Thanks for turning me on to her Burke.

What time does it start?
I'll be in Oregon Il. on a retreat till about 4:30pm, But should be back in the Chicago area by 6:30 - 7.

I didnt even know there was an Oregon Il.... have fun guys! :music:

We will probably have to be there earlier to get a table. Will be sure to hold an extra seat for Wayne.
I'm not in yet, need to see if I can adjust my schedule for Tuesday, I've got a 5am start Tuesday. But if I can get a 9am start I'm in.

We will probably have to be there earlier to get a table. Will be sure to hold an extra seat for Wayne.
Forget about holding a seat, unfortunatly I can't make it Monday.
5am start Tuesday, Can't change it, I'm short manager coverage at the club and we started our remodal last week. Today was a 14 hour day, probably the first of many. So I'll have to take a pass, But I'm sure she'll be in town again soon.

Don't know when you get back from Lawrence KS but she is playing on the 25th as well.

Don't know when you get back from Lawrence KS but she is playing on the 25th as well.

I figure the earliest we'll get back is about 8pm Monday, and thats if we leave exactly at noon. About an 8 hour drive back to Chicago.
I'm sure she'll be back to Chicago sometime soon again.

Hope to see you guys there!

I wasn't able to make it on this past monday, although I plan on going the 18th and the 25th. I haven't been around the forum for awhile lately, finally found some work and have been pretty busy with it.... thankfully! I did find a pretty crazy deal on some claritys as well, new pair for 1450$ I almost went for it, but as fate would have it, I found the pictures of the new up and coming models and had to pass.

Anyways....

Hope to see you guys there on monday the 18th and possibly 25th as well. Sorry to say but I won't be able to make it out to the meet on friday....work till 9. :(

later

SAD............. :(

I was all pumped for the show all day, from when I woke up, went to work, got home from work, then I decided just to sit down for a few minutes and relax....

WRONG IDEA!!!!!

So I woke up at 10:30..... and being that it will still take me easily 1.5 hours to get to the mill, I missed it. Stupid human necessity of sleep!

So now it is up to me and my determination to make it next monday on her final night.

Btw did any of you guys happen to make it out there tonite? Just wondering how the place is and how her set went. I contacted the owner earlier today regarding pictures and video, but they are out of town until friday. If all goes well I may be able to take some footage or pics on next monday which would truly make up for the lost nights.

My friend and I went. If anyone is ever in Chicago the Green Mill is a must visit site. The Green Mill is an old speak easy and one of Al Capone’s haunts. More history in the Green Mill than you can ever imagine.

Patty and the band played 3 sets. Started at 9:20 and ended at 1:00am. Patty and the band are very tight. Yes, I call her Patty now as after the band was done playing I ordered Pizza and shared it with the band. I had a chance to speak with each of them. I even got to talk to them about ML speakers. I had a total blast!!!

Last edited:
I am sooooo bummed :( that I missed this. I should have given Cherian a call and got a ride from him.

:bowdown: Cherian, How did you manage to get up for work. :bowdown: One reason I passed was I was dead tired at five, and I new after drinking till one and then trying to make it back to Wheaton I would be a total zombie on Tuesday.

Next time I will definitely go.

I planned ahead I took the day off. It was well worth it.

Hey Chicago group I noticed Patty is playing the next 11 Mondays at the Green Mill.:music:
We should pick a date we can all make.
I should be able to make any Monday except July 2nd and August 6th.

Last edited:
Wowie Wow Wow!!

So I got off of work at 5:00 in order to make it to the city with plenty of time to spare. Looking at where the Green Mill is on the map didn't exactly click for me until I started getting closer. I knew that I would know the area, but I didn't know that I would really KNOW the area. So it is in the north china town area, right south of Argyle. So I'm already pumped! Then I'm let down that Furama one of my favorite restaurants up on the north china town is already closed :(

Now don't get the wrong idea, I'm in no way in a bad mood....since I am now only a few feet away from the super neon green lights of the GREEN MILL!

Like Cherian said, its only 7$ cover, and drinks are poured very VERY HEAVY!!!

So 2 jack and cokes later and Patricia comes out to play.

I have to say that her first set really didn't take off too much until her final song of the set, Pieces. This is when the band really pushed it and you could tell. The intensity and volume of the band truly expanded almost by 2. Please don't misunderstand me and think that I'm saying her first set was weak, by no means am I trying to imply that at all! She is always phenomenal! What I mean to say is that when they broke into pieces, the place really took off. The volume was just right, intensity super heavy and all around just PHENOMENAL! What a way to end the first set!

On another note, the band is very approachable and easy to talk to. I spoke with Neil Alger and Patricia for a few minutes about their group, music, and a quick bid on Martin Logans.

After a short break, they came back and played a second set. This time they started off with the intensity high. I am at a miss to try and identify all of the songs that they played and from what albums, but needless to say they covered much of their repertoire from past to present. :rocker:

I absolutely had a wonderful time and sadly didn't stay for their third set since when they had finished their second it was already 12:30ish....and I along with my group was quite famished.

We took a b-line over to my favorite South Loop Hangout...the SLC or South Loop Club...for some delicious charcoal grilled burgers. Ran into some old friends from the Columbia era and had some great grub to cap off a fantastic evening.

Made it home quite quick as well.

On another tangent, for us in Illinois, don't know if you know about it yet, but as of July 1st IDOT is mandating photo enforcement in construction zones on the highway, if you are caught 1mile over you are sent a 325 or 375$ ticket....*i forget which price it is for 1st offense* on the second offense you are fined 1000$ and receive a 90 day suspension of your license. Just a heads up. If you don't believe me check it out at idot.

To wrap up my tangent filled ramblings, it was a phenomenal night, and there will be many more to come as she will be playing at the Green Mill throughout July then goes to tour in Cali in August.

Hope to see some of you ML guys there, I was expecting to see at least some of you this past monday! What happened?

Back