Parasound halo a51 or Emotiva Xpr-5?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jos12002

Reaction score
I have Spire's, stage x center, fx2 surrounds and Depth i sub. My preamp is a Marantz AV8801. I'm trying to decide between the Parasound halo a51 and emotiva xpr5. What do you guys think? I'd appreciate the help and advice. I actually have both in my possession currently. I'm leaning towards the emotiva xpr5 due to it having more power and would put more money in my pocket considering what the parasound costs. Whatever I don't keep I want to sell if anyone is interested.

Hi jos,

If you have both amps, you are in the perfect place to make your own decision based upon what you hear.

It doesn't get any more bomb proof than that.

It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

GG

I concur with Gordon...........but if you do want an opinion, then Emotiva is second rate compared to Parasound......in general

I have an 8801 paired with a Parasound A 51--it's a magical combo and easily drives my Theos. I know the Emotiva is less money, but it's false economy to buy cheap junk, only to have to replace it soon. Stick with the Parasound.

If you have both you should be able to clearly tell which one you prefer from simple A/B testing...

I've decided to keep the a51. It is a better match for my speakers. The xpr5 was too bright and fatigued my ears. The a51 is much warmer sounding. Has all the power I could ever need.

Good choice! Don't let the A 51's warmth fool you: there is absolutely no lack of detail--it just doesn't exaggerate like some amps do.

Back