Panel "Burn-In" -- Is there Any, and if so, How Long?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esl Mike

Reaction score
As a follow-up to my introductary post, I just posted the following (with minor changes) in the New Member Introduction section:

I just received the following today:

(1) Stage X
(2) Theos
(2) Electromotion ESL's

All I can say is WOW, Right out of the box they exceeded my expectations in all areas. Might the panels change/improve with burn-in?

As the new speakers are being used in my Home Theater room, I haven't yet run the Audyssey MultEQ XT32Sub EQ room correction process on my Marantz AV8801 surround pre-amp. I have done so in the past with the Energy cone and domes that I just replaced. Up until now, I have only given cursory attention to the: "Sticky: Room correction setup guide for ML’s", but have read enough to order the recommended mic stand, and realize that the Sticky is a valuable resource....kudos to "Jonfo" and others for putting so much effort into describing your experiences with the subject! I just got done printing the Sticky and plan on giving it the thorough attention that it warrants.

Right now, while typing this, I'm nothing but smiles listening to the new Blu-Ray version of the Eagles' Melbourne tour......Logan's in the H/T room and full-range Soundlabs in the 2-Channel room......gotta love Esl's!!!

After submitting the post, I thought I might ask the burn-in question in the Main Forum assuming that it might get more views.

As a follow-up to my introductary post, I just posted the following (with minor changes) in the New Member Introduction section:

After submitting the post, I thought I might ask the burn-in question in the Main Forum assuming that it might get more views.

The panels may improve slightly with some burn in, but the real noticeable improvement is in the woofers. Bass goes from loose and flabby to tight and clean after burn in. Sounds like you have a great setup. I will be curious to hear your thoughts on the Marantz prepro. I have been thinking about upgrading to the next version of that (when they come out with one that incorporates the new hdmi standard).

I experienced some mild 'burn-in' related changes when I put in the new panels on my Monoliths. After about 40 or so hrs, it had settled.

I'd recommend playing them for at least 20hrs before you first run the Audyssey measurements. Use that time to experiment with optimizing the physical placement.

Latest posts

Back