Panamax power

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all
Anyone have any opinion about the Panamax power conditioners? I am looking at the 5300mp. Waiting for a better price. But if u have an opinion would appreciate it. They seem to get decent reviews online.

Hola. You can use the Panamax PM-5300MP with all confidence. It really takes a lot of garbage out of the mains AC. Also, does protect for any problem that my be at the mains AC too. Great product. I use it here in Costa Rica very much for all my customers. You can see the picture of your tv enhanced. The audio is cleaner. Connect your power amplifiers to the A.C. plugs for them. Highly recommended!. Happy listening!

Hi Roberto...

Thanks!! I have a sunfire signature amp and a cary tube pre... would hook both thru the panamax... Any positive or negative impact on the sound? This would be for my stereo rig only...

I thought my panamax 5400 was great for power conditioning but I heard they can degrade the audio dynamics. I decided to try out some entry level power cords hooked up to a surge protector and my system has a blacker noise floor and more power. I went with wireworld's power cables as they are unique in that they are designed to act as power line filters. The stratus made the flat screens less noisy in the pixels as I cannot have them all plugged into the one pwr cond I have

I have a 5300 and love it. It's my second "go around" with Panamax as well. Tried the cheaper Monster Power and preferred the Panamax. Seems to be a great product for the price and you can find a used one for under 250 if you are patient. Oh and the blue gauges look very cool as well :)

I thought my panamax 5400 was great for power conditioning but I heard they can degrade the audio dynamics. I decided to try out some entry level power cords hooked up to a surge protector and my system has a blacker noise floor and more power. I went with wireworld's power cables as they are unique in that they are designed to act as power line filters. The stratus made the flat screens less noisy in the pixels as I cannot have them all plugged into the one pwr cond I have

Hola... do you hear it?, or someone told you so... I do trust my ears, and I do like a lot of what I paid for the Panamax and what it does. Dynamics loss? MMM, that could be is your AC cable connector at your wall is not giving enough juice. The Panamax has enough juice if you plug it to a good ground A.C. mains. The ground is a must!. Just look hot great the tv image is improve with and without the Panamax. This improvement will be reflected to your sound too. It takes a lot of noise coming from the mains AC. Happy listening!

If your using a power conditioner then it may be good for stopping a lightning bolt, to my ears the panamax sounds better when none of the 2 ch rig is touching it lol

I am going to invest heavily into power cords now as there is not point using stock power cords with a conditioner. I want to improve the fidelity of my music therefore I will be buying a power 're-generator' and avoiding the conditioning of the panamax so my first choice would be a ps audio p5

That sounds ok too. But we are talking different things. Yes, you can improve you bass performance with good power cables. The cost of the PS Audio P5 vs also it is a matter, don´t you think so? You are only spending $ 3.495.00 for it. You are in the right track! Happy listening!

I have some input here. As some of you know Panamax Inc. also owns Furman Sound. Who is a giant in the power industry. I was considering going with one or the other at one point before I decided to go with Panamax.

The reason being that Furman is build for high current, or higher current. Furman has a tech. called Power Factor that helps more with power hungry equipment, where the Panamax is for a bit more discrete applications. I ended up choosing the Panamax 7500 based on the recommendation from the Panamax/Furman representative I met. plus the 7500 has AC regeneration so that is awesome!

Hi Jordan,
I've had good success with the Panamax 7500PRO for about a year now. A lighting strike in the backyard convinced me to buy this for my Olive 6HD which knocked it out after 6 mths of ownership. I shipped the Olive back to Olive for warranty repair so I was only out shipping costs excluding the fact thatt more hair on my head turned gray! At the time of the strike I had Summits playing with Jeff Rowland Amps --- all long since past warranty expiration. Lucky that the strike only took out the 6HD ?..
Anyway, had I to do it over I would have bought something beefier and future proof with 20amp capability. (e.g. Equi tech per recommendation from Jon in this forum).
Re sound quality with Panamax.... I believe I lost some punch and dynamic range with all components including Summits and Amps running through Panamax and one 15amp generic outlet in family room. It'll sound fabulous to anyone whose never heard Summits and crystal clear 24bit to 320kbit Internet radio. But I know there's lost magnificence.

For the future, I'm building retirement home with major investment in separate Audio/video AC 20 amp wiring with equi tech managing current. The Panamax may plug into Equi tech and manage 2nd tier components (cd player, wifi, HT computer, Olive).
Jon and this forum are my guiding light...... Updates will be published at this forum with photos.

Too bad we North Americans have to cling to 120 vac. The rest of the world runs 220-240 vac which effectively halves the current needed to run our equipment. Options would open up significantly I figure. Does anyone run European spec'd gear? Supplying 240 vac would be no problem at all. 120 vac seems like a convenience, nothing more.

I have some input here. As some of you know Panamax Inc. also owns Furman Sound. Who is a giant in the power industry. I was considering going with one or the other at one point before I decided to go with Panamax.

The reason being that Furman is build for high current, or higher current. Furman has a tech. called Power Factor that helps more with power hungry equipment, where the Panamax is for a bit more discrete applications. I ended up choosing the Panamax 7500 based on the recommendation from the Panamax/Furman representative I met. plus the 7500 has AC regeneration so that is awesome!

Jordan,

I have a Furman PLC. See My System for model.

Despite claims to the contrary (non current limiting) I plug my amp into the wall. The sonic difference bypassing the Furman was significant.

GG

Latest posts

Back