Our Favorite "Steak Houses"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did mention gene & georgettis steak in chicago but heres a cheaper version.

get real PRIME rib eye, t-bone or fillet m.(costco)
salt & pepper each side
weber grill w/ glowing charcoals
about 6 min each side (control flames)
make sure 140 F internal temp (meat termometer)
place on plate & cover w/ foil for 5 min. coz its still cooking
enjoy

note: never ever3x slice or poke to check doneness to keep it juicy.

make sure 140 F internal temp (meat termometer)
place on plate & cover w/ foil for 5 min. coz its still cooking
enjoy

note: never ever3x slice or poke to check doneness to keep it juicy.
The way professional chefs check doneness is by poking it with a finger; how much resistance they get to the finger tells them the doneness. They do not use meat thermometers.

The way professional chefs check doneness is by poking it with a finger; how much resistance they get to the finger tells them the doneness. They do not use meat thermometers.

I meant poke with a fork or knife, sorry. I still cant get it right just by finger poking which is why I still use a thermometer. thanks for the info

Probably the best meal (surf and turf) I've ever had was at a premium steakhouse on a Carnival cruise.

Agree with that one...it was my wife and my honeymoon on the Carnival Legend eight years ago that introduced us to how wonderful they can be. Harry's on the Carnival Liberty is also right up there.

That all being said...my wife says that I can prepare a steak better than most steak houses.

I meant poke with a fork or knife, sorry. I still cant get it right just by finger poking which is why I still use a thermometer. thanks for the info

I tend to like my steaks medium rare to medium and have found for a 1" steak on the grill 6-8 minutes per side produces a wonderful crust and a moist, pink, center. Last weekend we did huge thick filets on the grill with the kona coffee rub and served the sizzling beef with a scallion butter and a lovely Pommard I hand carried back from Burgundy about 8 years ago. Heaven!

I tend to like my steaks medium rare to medium and have found for a 1" steak on the grill 6-8 minutes per side produces a wonderful crust and a moist, pink, center. Last weekend we did huge thick filets on the grill with the kona coffee rub and served the sizzling beef with a scallion butter and a lovely Pommard I hand carried back from Burgundy about 8 years ago. Heaven!

mmmmmm. sounds really good.

I'm killing myself here with envy - about 6 years ago, out of the blue, I developed a severe allergy (hives) to beef. And I used to love beef ! :mad:

Latest posts

Back