oppo 105 universal player vs a Rotel cd p[layer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbillallen

Reaction score
Is anyone using an OPPO player as their primary source . WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE Oppo player would outperform a Rotel or Musical Fidelity player. PLease advise. My system consist of MARTIN lOGAN Ascent i, Conrad Johnson pv15 pre and Conrad Johnson Solid State power amp.

Thanks

For starters you need to tell us what Rotel player you speak of ………………..regardless, for $$ spent and the universal capability of the Oppo, very little if anything tops it……….go for it !

I am using the Oppo 105 along with vinyl too. They just came out with blu ray pure audio hi rez disc 24bitt, 92 to 192 kHz. Short story , they sound amazing. A cd player can't play the, also , the oppo does sacd. I run the oppo in balanced mode. Google blu ray pure audio.

I can't compare the 105 to a Rotel, but I prefer my Sony 5400ES for SACDs over the Oppo--it's a bit more spacious and detailed.

EDIT: I recently hooked up my Oppo via the multi-channel analog outputs...hmmm...I think I prefer it to the Sony's HDMI sound! It's more present, warmer, and richer sounding. Now I see/hear why it's $700 more than the 103!

Last edited:
Back