opinions on script i's for surround music?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmiston

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just made aware of these by ML - they had never been on my radar. I was considering Vantages for surrounds, but my room will be small (14 X 16) and wall mounts would sure simplify things.

1). What do those of you using (or having heard) these think of them, particularly for music?

2). How much do they tend to fetch in the used market?

Thanks,

Mark

Script-i's for surrounds

Hi All,

I was just made aware of these by ML - they had never been on my radar. I was considering Vantages for surrounds, but my room will be small (14 X 16) and wall mounts would sure simplify things.

1). What do those of you using (or having heard) these think of them, particularly for music?

2). How much do they tend to fetch in the used market?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, this is what I have in my system (#308). They are mounted on the walls and mate very nicely with CLX's and Stage in the front. I think you could probably get used for 1400 to 1500 on the internet. Since the surround channels get relatively little information and at lower volumes than the mains, the most important thing is that their sonic properties match those of your main speakers. If you have any of the later model MLs you should have no problems.

Last edited:
Edmiston,

I have 2 pair of Script i's in my surrounds currently and for music they are actually very good. I would like to experiment, one day, with floating them about a foot or so off the wall to see what those little panels are fully capable of. For now they do an extremely good job. (IMHO) I wish ML would make a new ESL for surround channels again or just an upgraded version of the Script....I love those little guys.

If you're lucky enough to run across a pair, as they're very popular, they will run anywhere from $700 to $1200 a pair.

Good luck!

Dan

Thanks guys. I have located a pair for $850. I am going to call about them today. I think wall mounting would "clean up" the room considerably. According to ML, the reason they discontinued the Scripts was that they were a bit of a commercial flop. I guess most people couldn't get their heads around a $2k wall mount.

I am also a little intrigued by what wall mounting does for planars. According to conventional wisdom, it should be a disaster, yet people rave about the Scripts even for fronts, and the Maggie MG1Cs (I think that is their wall mount) seem to punch way above their weight.

Mark

Thanks guys. I have located a pair for $850. I am going to call about them today. I think wall mounting would "clean up" the room considerably. According to ML, the reason they discontinued the Scripts was that they were a bit of a commercial flop. I guess most people couldn't get their heads around a $2k wall mount.

I am also a little intrigued by what wall mounting does for planars. According to conventional wisdom, it should be a disaster, yet people rave about the Scripts even for fronts, and the Maggie MG1Cs (I think that is their wall mount) seem to punch way above their weight.

Mark

That's a good price for those, jump on them if you can. I think ML should do some research (although I'm sure they have) on how much in demand the Script line is years after they stopped production.

Anyway, good luck and post pics!

Dan

Back