Odd Problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrat

Reaction score
I am having an intermittent problem with my vantages every so often I start to lose a channel it sounds like capacitors draining
like when you turn off a big solid state amp with music still playing and it slowly fades away while getting staticky
it will fade in and out like that for anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute or so than just comes back
any ideas??
I switched cables,IC, preamp,power amp, so I am reasonably sure its the speakers

I am having an intermittent problem with my vantages every so often I start to lose a channel it sounds like capacitors draining
like when you turn off a big solid state amp with music still playing and it slowly fades away while getting staticky
it will fade in and out like that for anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute or so than just comes back
any ideas??
I switched cables,IC, preamp,power amp, so I am reasonably sure its the speakers
Hola...it looks like an internal loose connection. Just to be more sure regarding the problem, just swap the left speaker for the right, leaving all the connections as you have them. Changing the speakers, will allow us to be sure to nail the problem. It looks also, a faulty or loose contact. But you will need the help from your dealer's service dept, because if you open it without their permission, you could void the warranty. Hope this might help you a little, happy listening,
Roberto.

Back