No NFL What To Do On Sundays Now...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waboman

Reaction score
After the season ended last weekend with a victory by the Steelers over the Cards, in what was a really fun Superbowl to watch. I've come to the sad realization that the season is officially over. No more football until Sept.:(

I find myself wandering aimlessly from room to room in my house. In the family room, where most of the NFL action took place, I can hear the faint echoes of Joe Buck & Troy Aikman as they call the action on the field. But alas, the tv is dark and silent. Sigh, what am I going to do on Sundays now...?

Last edited:
Well, there is of course the "Pro Bowl" today from Hawaii. Not so much a game really as a spectacle and boondoggle for the players.

I dunno... kind of wandering aimlessly myself. Once things warm up a bit I'll be hitting the trails on my mountain bike - I usually ride on Sunday afternoons. For now though, ho- hum, yawn, perhaps a nap?

Man, I COMPLETELY forgot about the Pro-bowl, that was really hyped up :). I guess I have to get into Basketball now, but that really doesn't do it for me until March. Go Marquette!

Normally I can cruise from NFL right into University of Arizona basketball which I have done but a big down year for the great program. 5 wins in a row right now ain't bad considering every recruit that committed this year and next has left. Go Cats!!

Don't remind me - the end of the Cricket season (and that means Summer too) is getting nigh......I too get echoes of Richie Benaud's voice and the TV has the green grass and score burnt into it.

But at least I'm on the bright side - we've got another month of Cricket left!

I'm not a big Nascar fan, but I do enjoy March Madness. After that there's the Masters. I know, I'm pickin' at straws here. But I have 6 more months to get thru until kick off! Perhaps more beer.:think:

Formula One starts in a couple of weeks and then summer will be here in a heart beat, then it is golf every day....or maybe 4 times a week.....or would you believe at least once a week whether we need it or not. Actually I believe that I am listening to more music now more than ever, having Sundays at home without football is not that bad.

actually august

i know !!
we said the same thing after watching the pro bowl.
we'll thaw out until spring. play golf. take the boat out.
jump in the pool.
and before you know it (after all that fun ... )
foot ball will be here once again.:D
or, get together and play your own

I always look forward to March Madness (as well as a few wagers) and it's right around the corner!

Last edited:
Learn to play a musical instrument

With my sundays now free I am learning to play the hammered dulcimer.

Attachments

• Unknown Name.jpg
    Unknown Name.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 44
Back