No CLX's for me...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Well, it's been a wacky week.

Turns out my speakers got put on the wrong truck halfway between
MartinLogan and here. Today the freight company has no idea where
they are, seems as if they've disappeared from the system.

I'll keep you posted!

And to make the Karma even FedEx lost two of our packages going elsewhere!

I'll keep you posted!

And to make the Karma even FedEx lost two of our packages going elsewhere!

Sorry Jeff...but don't you worry...soon they will be there with you, giving thousands of pleasure!...be patience...this kind of thing always happens, It seems like an universal law. I assure you a super happy listening,
Roberto.

You'd think the CLXs would be too big to lose! Unless they ended up accidently delivered to the driver's living room...

Interesting. I ordered a couple of Fresco i's, but instead a pair of CLX's showed up at my door. Oh well, your loss . . . my gain. :devil:

You'd think the CLXs would be too big to lose! Unless they ended up accidently delivered to the driver's living room...

haha - seriously though, without the anciliary components and a knowledge of what they are they're pretty useless to the average Joe, right?

I mean, what would an average pleb want a pair of huge CLXs when he can have some nice tiny Bose speakers!

Phew! For a minute there, I thought you'd had to cancel your CLX order for some reason or other! Glad it's "just" a delivery SNAFU; I guess you'll have to "make do" with your Summit/Spires a bit longer. :)

Spooky......Sorry to hear about that Jeff. Good thing you aren't shipping to me till next week. Hopefully the Haloweeenes will be gone by then!

I mean, what would an average pleb want a pair of huge CLXs when he can have some nice tiny Bose speakers!

Audio elitism Adam!:)

Anyway, severe bummer, to say the least. But the postie I slipped the backhander to did well:D They're now bobbing around somewhere mid-Atlantic!

I hate the whole shipping system the airline once lost $6,000.00 worth of marine fish of mine for three days they had know idea what happened to them:wtf: at least your CLX will not die of oxygen depletion lol.
by the way most survived.

Like Sarah Palin, my speakers have gone Rogue...

I just talked to Roadway freight a few minutes ago and
they said that sometime last week, the speakers got separated
from their paperwork, which means they could be anywhere.

I feel terrible for ML, but glad they are just going to me
and not a real customer that bought them from a hifi store.

I know that this happens now and again, so I'm not grumpy
about it and it's not ML's fault AT ALL. I still have plenty of
stuff to listen to.

Maybe those Comcast turtles stole them. If that's the case
they aren't far away!!

Hang in there Jeff. I know how gut wrenched I get waiting for new equipment to arrive. I keep thinking to myself will it get here? Will it make it intact? What if it gets lost? I’m only relieved once it is in my hands and working.

Just remember “Good things come to those who wait”.

Yep, took the evening off to see Metallica...

If you are fans, catch them on this tour, fantastic!
I know I kind of panned the album, but live is a
whole nother story...

Good pics in the Dec issue....

Yep, took the evening off to see Metallica...

If you are fans, catch them on this tour, fantastic!
I know I kind of panned the album, but live is a
whole nother story...

Good pics in the Dec issue....

Were you the oldest guy at the show?

I think the band members were probably the the oldest people there.

At 49, I wasn't the oldest person there, but I'm sure I was in the upper 25%..

The guys from Metallica are only in their early to mid 40's. Considering the guys from Judas Priest are all almost 60 (and this tour has been amazing), I guess Metallica isn't quite ready to be put out to pasture yet.

The cool thing about the show was how many people were there with their kids... Lots of 10-14 year olds there with their parents and everyone was banging their heads!

Definitely one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. Well worth the money if you are a fan!

I have a lot of respect for METALLICA they got me really interested in a lot of different music I remember a friend gave me a tape with ride the lightning one side and master of puppets on the other I was hooked after that. just after death magnetic came out my a friend brought it over saying that I just had to hear it especially on my system! we had a couple of beers first and then fired things up aside from the recording which was purposefully terrible a mistake in my opinion I just could not get into it.while holding my holding my feelings back
we jammed on and I have to say that they have lost that hard METALLICA sound. maybe in concert it is different but after hearing that I will probably not go see them. a girl freind of mine offered to take me and I really do not think I will go.after explaining to my friend how I felt a rather heated conversation developed he loved the album and I did not after about 15 min of this I tossed ride the lighting in and played the track trapped under ice and enough was said! nothing can compare no other metal band ever had that sound nor ever will! I know this is many years later and changes to the band and so forth but they used to have a dynamic sound that was rivaled by none and still has not bean touched. I thought they where on there way to a new high ground after the black album but it was all down hill from there. none of my criticism comes from the sound of the recording only from the feelings that I got from the music it was just awful !

I am glad to hear you had a good time did they play a lot of classic stuff from the CLIFF BURTON era ??

Attachments

• Metallica.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts

Back