Newest Member Needs Help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theWB

Reaction score
Hi
My name is Dawson

I came into this world 5 days ago and just made it home safely today.

I was born much earlier than expected, so now my Daddy has a problem.

He wants to attend the RMAF which he had no intentions of attending because of my impending birth.

My Daddy needs suggestions from the group on how he can convince my Mommy to let him attend.

I know you guys are an intelligent group, because you all love Martin Logan speakers. Please Help

Attachments

• Dawson.JPG
    Dawson.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 166
congrats! Welcome Dawson. Well you either have a immediate family member like mom or sister stay with your wife and help her full time. With that being said you better have one HELL of a stable marriage as she will remember it for ever if she has any reservations about you going. If she says go I have all the help I need, Don't believe her ! They always say that and mean something different ! Make sure she has company and good help as she will be getting little sleep. She will need assistance on that with another person taking over and letting her sleep. You also better have a exchange plan for this foray you are going on ! Send her away with her friends and you stay with the kid!

Good luck and Congrats again !

hey Wayne CONGRATS to both you and Wilma !!!

I trust Dawson and Mom are doing just fine. Ahhhh, how's your sleep deprevation excercises coming along ?? LOL !

You know maybe if you stay awake 24/7 with Dawson till RMAF Wilma will let you sneek out for a few days and venture over to Denver !

Again, congrats...Health and Happiness !!

No Brainer

With a cutie like that!?

Audio obsession vs. the first precious days of fatherhood? Come ON!!
Kindly bend over while my (intelligent) foot kicks your ass~!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Congratulations Wayne!

After reading Neil's post I feel I shouldn't encourage you to go to RMAF, but audio calls - I too would be tempted. In fact, I probably would have arranged for early inducing so that I *COULD* go to RMAF (only kidding).

Now, why don't you satisfy everyone and pack the loved ones up in the car and all go to RMAF as a happy family. You can't start teaching good audio habits too early!!

Last edited:
Wayne,

The new baby is just beautiful!!! Enjoy that new baby smell.

As for attending the RMAF all I can say is good luck. No way I can talk my wife into letting me go. So I have no advice for you.

Big congrats, Dad (& Mommy too!).. wonderful news and who cares about the RMAF..... You got 2 new ears there... time to turn them on to some great music!!

:rocker:

Last edited:
Congratulations Wayne! After reading Neil's post I feel I shouldn't encourage you to go to RMAF, but audio calls - I too would be tempted.
We'd all be tempted, but a baby boy!? Maybe I'm just jealous, having never (AFAIK) sired children, but some things really are priceless and irreplaceable; you should know that by now
yes.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations, Wayne and Wilma! He is beautiful. I agree with the chorus here -- forget RMAF this year and enjoy your baby-moon.

Wayne, congrats! Such a handsome young fellow.

You know you won't find a bigger champion for RMAF around than me, but RMAF's come and go. There will be another next year. I wouldn't even bring it up to Wilma. It might be the last we hear of you prior to your "disappearance".

Wayne,
Congrats on a beautiful baby.
Like everyone has said, I would stay at home with your new son ,enjoy him, listen to great music with him and you both watch the Cubs take the whole thing!!!:D

Jeff:cool:

Wayne -

I'm going against the grain here and telling you to attend the RMAF. This is only 2-3 days of the year dedicated to our hobby. The rest of the year can spent with the baby.

...the baby is cute though.

Erik

With a cutie like that!?

Audio obsession vs. the first precious days of fatherhood? Come ON!!
Kindly bend over while my (intelligent) foot kicks your ass~!
Thank you!

Got a laugh from Neil's blunt humor, but then I read this........

We'd all be tempted, but a baby boy!? Maybe I'm just jealous, having never sired children

......And realized I'm extremely Blessed.
This is my 4th Son and all are healthy.
At my age this will most likely be my last.
Thanks to all for your advice, I'll be staying home.
There's always RMAF 2009.

Yeah,sometimes the most obvious answer to a question is looking us right in the face. And in this case,waitng for a change of diapers! :eek:

Wayne,

Congratulations! The baby is adorable!

I would skip the RMAF (unless you can abbreviate your trip and have family who can help out for a few hours).

Beautiful picture!

Congrats. I just had my first son, (third child) last May. Even though my wife is relatively supportive of my playing schedule, (leaving her with young kids for long nights) I wouldn't ask about leaving when they are so new. Mostly because I would eventually hear about it later when I make a knucklheaded schedule mess. Anyway, I concur with most of the rest. Hang at home with the new peanut and play some quiet baby-sleepin' music!

Enjoy.

Ben

Back