Newbie!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardth

Reaction score
Hi all

Just about to purchase a pair of Aerius - my first Martin Logans!

These will be driven by a Copland 60wpc hybrid integrated fed by a Michell Gyrodeck/Rega/ATF5 MC and a Teac VRDST1 / DacMagic combo. Speaker cables are Linn heavy stranded bi-wire. Will have option of using REL sub to fill out bottom end.

Room is 18ft x 12ft x 7ft. Parque flooring on concrete, large wool rug in fron tof speaker area and speaker fire across room. Will be 2.5ft to rear of panels and 6ft+ to side walls.

Am currently using an Audio Innovations Series 500 25W integrated to drive a pair of Usher S520 on Partington Dreadnaught stands. Selling the users and PX'ing the S500 for the Copland.

Will be listening to the speakers before I buy and they are coming from a dealer who's taken them in as PX. Buy price is £400
Apparently they are sound fine and are in good condition.

Comments, suggestions, advice would be very much appreciated!

Nice start to your ML collection there! I had Aerius i speakers and really liked them! Sold them for almost what I had in them...took just a slight hit on depreciation over 5 years...can't complain to much with that!

I had Aerius i's as well, they are a great speaker. Is it possible to have your system on the short wall? Since this is your first venture with Martin Logans, remember they do require more distance off the wall behind them. I have found 5 that from the wall to the panel works great.

Sounds like you will have a wonderful setup. Welcome to the club.
Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Back