Newbie with Aeons on the way intro

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nilknarf

Reaction score
Greetings all, Very happy to have stumbled upon this community- the posts that I've had the pleasure to read show that this seems to be one of the kinder, more helpful groups on the interwebs- thank you in advance, and I'm looking forward to being able to contribute myself soon!

As an intro to myself, by trade, I'm a creative director with a small ad agency, I tend to be a tinkerer- I've built numerous speakers, computers, motorcycles, upper-level mountain bikes and classic Porsches from parts, even added entire wings onto my house with very little outside support (just lots of Q and A from those much smarter than myself!)

My brother contacted me last night and offered to give me his set of Aeon speakers (I already have a Grotto sub), one of which had been exhibiting some popping and dropping before he mothballed them. I'm looking forward to troubleshooting (and hopefully resolving the problem) with the generous advice you all share so willingly, and seeing how the whole setup sounds with a Meridian-568/Lexicon-512 (a re-badged Bryston 9B) combo.

See you around!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I'd think you would want to give the panels a good vacuum and inspect the mylar very closely for dirt, damage, etc. See how they sound after. Showering the panels is an option, but make sure you do some troubleshooting with ML corporate first. They may have you test the power supplies, etc. too.

Back