Newbie Vista Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert K

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, several months after embarking upon a major remodeling project (that is still not quite done) we've got our electronics in, including a pair of Vistas, a Motif, and a Depth i as part of a home theater.

The sound on the first couple of test blu-rays has been astounding (I, Robot and Legends of Jazz). I am very happy so far.

I do have one strange question, though. I noticed that one of the Vistas has a blue light on it - the other does not. The serial numbers, VISK 093 and VISK 092 appear to be consecutive, so it is not a different lot or something. Is this normal?

I know this is probably a goofy question, but couldn't find anything when I used the forum search tool.

I am very excited to start breaking these in and really listening to them - I have not been on this forum, other than lurking and asking a few questions prior to making purchasing decisions. I anticipate contibuting once I have something to contribute...

Thanks!

If you are certain there is no blue LED showing in one of your speakers I would give the ML service center a call. The serial numbers shouldn't be a factor, but both Vistas should have an LED illuminating when in use. I'm sure it's a quick and easy fix....

If the speakers electrostatic panel is working (and seems so) can be that the cable that connect the LED it's diconnected from the board and can be easily plugged in again.

I would check with Martin Logan, but yes, both speakers should have the blue light. If the panel is working, then it is mearly a cosmetic item, but still it's nice to have both speakers looking the same.

I had to remove one of my Vista's woofers to swap it out, and in order to do so, I had to remove the panel. It's pretty easy to take the panel off and check to see that the wires going to the blue light are connected.

Either the LED is bad, or it's unplugged. ML can send instructions on how to remove the panel and check it.

Chuck

Back