Newbie ML owner in AL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMoss

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! New ML owner here. Recently ook the plunge and bought 2 ESL hybrids along with some Motion line speakers for my surrounds. Rounding out the set is the Matinee center I just purchased from the Classifieds forum :) All of this is for my first home theater build in our new house. Anyway, just wanted to say "hi". Look forward to chatting with everyone.

-R

Welcome to the Martin Logan Owners community.

Happy Listening to the Martin Logan Electrostatic loudspeakers.

The advanced features and reasonably priced Electromotion ESL catches the light.

I use a two channel integrated by the same manufacturer.

Please if possible and whenever and if not too much trouble could you write a brief description of

the acoustics from the Electromotion when you operate it with the Denon AVR. THANKS.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Great to have another Huntsvillian on the board. Which ESL hybrids did you get? What are you going to be driving the speakers with? I highly recommend planning for some acoustic treatments in your media room. A few properly placed acoustic treatments can really enhance the sound you get. Lots of threads on that if you look through the back pages of the forum. I also highly recommend looking through the member's systems pages. You will get some good ideas on setup possibilities. Happy listening.

Oh, oops -- Electromotion. Starting at the entry level, pretty much :) They will be driven by a Denon AVR-4311CI. I have indeed been reading various threads on room setup, acoustics, etc. I'll probably wait until it's all in place and I can hear it for a while to establish a baseline before adding panels and traps, but I expect I will be doing so in a couple of months or so.

Congrats.. I just picked up some ESL's myself. I have to get a new speaker,the right one has a loose wire inside.. So it goes on and off intermittently.. If I tap the side of where the woofer is,it comes on for a sec.. Weird. How do you like the Matinee center,how much did you get it for?

Haven't had a chance to really listen to anything yet. It's all going in our new house which we won't move into for another ~5 weeks. Matinee cost me $950. That must be really annoying to have to send one back!

Back