Newbie From Oklahoma

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damn Yankee

Reaction score
Hello Gang, from a long time ML fan. My wife and I were first exposed to ML's when we listed to a set at Ultimate Electronics powered by a Bob Carver Sunfire Amp. The salesman inserted a Pink Floyd Cd as I mainly listen to classic rock (ie:Clapton, Hendrix, Stevie Ray, The Who, ect) and we were sold, just not sold on the price at the time. Well we are now looking again. I previously had a Yamaha M-65 Amp and C-65 Pre Amp with a ADS Sound Shaper EQ, and Infinity SM-150's. We changed over to a Yamaha RXV-2600 Receiver for the surround sound, and plasma TV purposes. In all reality it does real well for movies ect, but cannot match the power of my M-65 when listening to music loud. My M-65 never clicked off once, even when driving 2 sets of SM-150's back in the dormitory. The same cannot be said about the RXV-2600, and it is now only driving 1 set. I am looking to replace the SM-150's and will use the ML's in 2 channel mode for music, and in 7 channel mode for the movies and TV. Within the next year or so, I do want to swap out the RXV-2600 for a more powerful Amp/Pre Amp set up, or a more powerful receiver set up, possibly a Sunfire unit. I do have a budget to stay within so I welcome all input and suggestions from the veterans on the board. Thank you

Back