Newbie - CLSs previous owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1guy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Very cool site.

Although, I am new to the site, I have previously owned the CLSs that were purchased from The Listening Room in Long Island NY back in the early 80s. What a fantastic sound speakers {Better have a high current amp). I recalled i had a problem with one of the panel. I contacted ML, Mr. Sanders himself... Three days later the new panel arrived. Talking about service. Phenomenal!
I have found a site in Florida that looks interesting called www.soundadvice.com
I am planning on contacting them about getting a new pair of ML.

thanks.

Hi Satch,
Did not know about the shop there. What did the dealer used to drive the CLXs? Krell?

f1,

Yeah, he was using an all Krell Evolution (II-?) system. If you look at the photo on the web site of the AV room, it shows the rack of gear along the front wall. That's the room he had the CLX's set up in. For rears he was using Summit X's. Of course we listened to Pink Floyd, Dark side of the moon in surround sound. Trippin'! That room is also set up for 3-D movies etc.

I plan on getting back over there with my UHA modded Tascam BR-20 and some Tape Project tapes for a good analog session. I'm thinking about upgrading from Spire to CLX. Yikes! :D

Anyway, I think Audible Images is the only place around here that you can listen to a well set up pair of CLX's and Ed Masterson (owner) is a really cool guy.

Ray (Satch)er

Latest posts

Back