New to the Club!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundayrider

Reaction score
Hi All,
Long time audio enthusiast, first time Martin Logan owner! I have actually purchased two pairs of Martin Logans in the past couple of months. I was in the market for a small floorstanding speaker and stopped by a local Magnolia Hi Fi to look at some Vienna Acoustics and Monitor Audio. After listening to them, I was not too impressed with either, the salesperson thought I might want to check out the Martin Logan Montage. I listened to them for about 15 minutes and I was sold! I usually take quite a bit of time to select my audio equipment, so this for me was a personal record (being on sale for 1/2 price didn't hurt). I ended up liking them so much, I replaced the floorstanders I have in another system with a mint pair of SL3s (purchased from a member of this site but through Audiogon).

I have used PrimaLuna Prologue2 and Unison Research Unico with the Montage speakers and they synergized really well (to my ear at least). For the SL3s, I am currently using a Shanling A3000 Integrated Amp (which is breaking in very nicely with the SL3s).

I am looking forward to learning lots about these wonderful speakers on this site.

Sundayrider

:welcome:

Tom's there in the Bay Area with you, and I'm 90 miles or so west in Davis.

By the way, one of the things that I've discovered over the years is that the reaction you got with the ML Montage isn't too unusual. Basically, if you're a person that appreciates the type of sound you get from electrostatics, the first time you hear one the sound quality just seems to jump out at you. You can't believe that everyone else can't hear the huge (to you) improvement that you do.

So, congratulations on beginning a journey of excellent sound!

Appreciate the welcome! I am right across the 92 bridge from Tom in Foster City. I also go through Davis quite a bit going back and forth from Tahoe.

I have always appreciated the sound of planer speakers. My first "high end" pair of speakers were Magneplaner MGIIs, back in 1981. I re-wired them twice and they always sounded great. I still remember my first moment of real musical Nirvana was hearing a set of Magnepan Tympanii panels. The sense of fullness of the sound was and is still amazing. It was after I had just bought the MGIIs (same Audio shop) but they were way out of my price range.

Latest posts

Back