New Preamp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPig

Reaction score
I never thought a preamp would make such a difference. I bought a Krell Showcase. I was using a Outlaw 950 and thought it was pretty good. I hooked up the Krell yesterday. Wow, what a difference. My ML's seem so much cleaner now.

No vinyl. Only CD's and DVD's. I'm mainly set up for HT.

What CD and DVD players are you using?

If you like the change the preamp made, you may like the change a great source makes even better.

It's the old Linn philosophy - "everything starts with the source", and I believe it's true.

What CD and DVD players are you using?

If you like the change the preamp made, you may like the change a great source makes even better.

It's the old Linn philosophy - "everything starts with the source", and I believe it's true.

I'm using a Samsung HD DVD and a Sony CD player.

"It's the old Linn philosophy - "everything starts with the source", and I believe it's true."

Absolutely correct sir!

"It's the old Linn philosophy - "everything starts with the source", and I believe it's true."

Absolutely correct sir!

Count me in also. It only makes sense that if you don't get the info at the start, you aren't getting it back downstream.

Wow, a few Krell users. I thought I was the only one and had my head down mumbling whenever I mentioned I used all Krell equipment. (KBL, KSA-250, KP20i) I am very please with the sound it is giving me with my CLS's.
I also am using a Linn Sondek turntable, Nak Dragon, and a Sony PRO DAT deck.
I have recorded much of my classical collection with the Nak Dragon and am love the sound through the CLS's. I know I should be listening directly from the Linn but the convenience factor of the Dragon is a big plus.:D

Wow, a few Krell users. I thought I was the only one and had my head down mumbling whenever I mentioned I used all Krell equipment. (KBL, KSA-250, KP20i) I am very please with the sound it is giving me with my CLS's.
I also am using a Linn Sondek turntable, Nak Dragon, and a Sony PRO DAT deck.
I have recorded much of my classical collection with the Nak Dragon and am love the sound through the CLS's. I know I should be listening directly from the Linn but the convenience factor of the Dragon is a big plus.:D

You are not alone, KSP-7B & KSA-50 at my house. Nak Dragon for years of recorded FM classical music, too.

Rick

Back