New Magnepan 3.7s out soon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. And they'll be on demo at the show next weekend... I will check them out! :)

Hocky -- if you have heard the 3.6s -- if you could mention something about the diffs between the 3.6 and 3.7 - that would be 'swell'.... thanks tim.

Hocky -- if you have heard the 3.6s -- if you could mention something about the diffs between the 3.6 and 3.7 - that would be 'swell'.... thanks tim.

I have heard the 3.6's, but it has been a while - it wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Anyone attend CES and hear the 3.7s ?

I spent about an hour with the 3.7's. They were powered by Bryston 28B-SST2's. The same amp that I have on My CLX's. They were actually at T.H.E. Show at the Flamingo and not at CES. They were down the hall and arround the corner from Roger Sanders and is 10c's. The 3.7's were pretty much what you would expect. Of course I thought they chose wisely on their amps. Most of the demo that I heard was classical. Which I enjoy but it would have been better if I had heard a little more diversity. The 3.7's were very clear and revealing. Easy to distinguish the various instruments. I would say they are fine speakers. As I mentioned I have CLX's powered by the big Brystons (1300 watts per channel @ 8 ohms) being fed by a Meridian 861 v6 processor. My biased oppinion has me keeping the CLX's.

Regards,
Gary

Back