New gear in system...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Today, with the help of friends, I installed a pair of Pass Labs XA-100.5 mono amps and a Pass Labs XP-20 preamp. I've got a few hours on them and have to say they are amazing! The music just flows effortlessly, with voices and instruments just appearing in space, not sounding at all like they are pushed out by speakers. There's a tremendous ease to the sound and a sense of limitless power reserves. I am deeply impressed. Pictures tomorrow, when I get around to moving out the shipping boxes. Anyway, just a quick note, now back to the tunes. :rocker:

SWEET!!! I bet you have a nice listening day today and it will just get better with each Pass*ing (pun intended) hour! ;) Thanks again for your help the other day setting up the MBL 8011's!

That's awesome, Steve. I knew you would love them. Pass amps are so good. And I knew you would need a few friends to help unbox them. Those puppies are ungodly heavy.

Ok, here are some pics. Please note that I have to buy a long balanced interconnect so that I can move the rack to the side of the room. Also, I don't have my analog stuff hooked up, yet. The golden hue is due to pics without using a flash. For some reason, my pics with the flash didn't turn out very good. I need a good camera!

DSC04675-M.jpg

DSC04676-M.jpg

DSC04677-M.jpg

DSC04680-L.jpg

DSC04683-L.jpg

Bravo Steve! The ultimate objective of this hobby is to enjoy the music (but all the steps it takes to get there sure are fun too - for the most part)

Always liked Pass styling - very nice indeedy. MUCH MUCH prettier than the Sanders amps:ROFL: Hey, didn't Todd get some of those?:ROFL::ROFL::devil:

Mind you, the Modwrongs were very pretty too.

Always liked Pass styling - very nice indeedy. MUCH MUCH prettier than the Sanders amps:ROFL: Hey, didn't Todd get some of those?:ROFL::ROFL::devil:

Mind you, the Modwrongs were very pretty too.

I deserve the ribbing! :)

BTW, I own Pass as well (in the HT) - while I'm partial to black componentry, I do agree that the Pass design is keen - if life threatening with it's high mass and sharp edges.

ha! I love that the Modwrong has stuck! Congrats! pass is awesome, I just recently heard them in NYC city. Very nice looking. If my current line up doesnt work out to my liking, My next choices are Pass or Classe. Your making me want to pass. ha!

Looking nice.

So when are you going to remove the "Got tubes?" from your signature?

Or change it to "Got transistors?" even!!

Back