New AV room and start of a dedicated 2 chanel room.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Well At my wifes suggestion , we moved the entire HT system up stairs. Its not ML but It leaves me lots of room to play with my 2 channel. This now leaves me with my dedicated 2 channel listening room. You can see on the wall where the TV was,and how it was crowded. It will be now covered with room treatments . The new HT room was a bear to do. The whole project took 2 days to remove, move and install the TV. The hard part was pulling wires in the insulated walls. The TV stand was centered and mounted. When all the install was done I repainted the walls with a fresh coat of paint. Its a bit empty as I haven't put everything back yet. I am really looking forward to treating the dedicated room. I think it will really shine now. Here are a few pics , of the old and new.

Attachments

• S6300482 (Small).JPG
    S6300482 (Small).JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 104
  • S6300478 (Small).JPG
    S6300478 (Small).JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 99
  • S6300477 (Small).JPG
    S6300477 (Small).JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 102
Very simplistic! (Well, simplistic looking, anyway :) ) I love that for a TV room. Can't wait to see the 2-channel room. I think I know what those dead panels are for... :D

Looks good, CAP. I'm sure you sleep better at night knowing that the kids are less likely to goof off near your CLS's and your already excellent sound system will get even better.

GIK Acoustics offers up some nice room treatment packages if you're thinking about going down that road. The room deals will save you some jack over buying your acoustic control panels separately. Link: http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_room_kits.html

I have some of their stuff and I stand fairly impressed with the performance -- the rooms' noise floor is lower and the "comb filtering" and ringing is substantially reduced. But what I enjoy most about the room treatments is the crisper imaging and ability to turn up the music even louder without inducing harshness or soundstage flattening.

~VDR

Much better than BLOSE ! Sony ............:HT is not a priority. I rarely watch TV. As you see from the screen shot HANNAH MONTANA is big at my house When I do watch a DVD its not as bad as you think. The twin subs help a lot ! I was more happy about gaining the dedicated room !;) I did listen to The Eagles Hell Freezes over DVD in DTS and it was fantastic !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back