Nakamichi ELS Speakers - New design

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started seeing info about the new Nakamichi High Definition-Acoustics (HD-A) Electrostatic (ESL) Speaker this week and was wondering a) if there is more info available, and b) what people think of it.

Here's some press info:

The Nakamichi HD-A ESL Speaker belongs to higher-end realm of speakers, herald an era of hybrid electrostatic technologies, designed with engineering sophistication and deserved its reputation for excellence.

Here's a blog from the designer

Supposedly this has some innovative ESL architecture, but I can’t find much detail on it.

Attachments

• NackamichiELS.jpg
    NackamichiELS.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 389
I don't know anything about this new speaker, but just looking at the picture it looks like a pretty blatant ripoff of Martin Logan's overall design to me. Also, for them to say that their speaker "heralds an era of hybrid electrostatic speaker," when ML has been doing this for decades, is pretty sad not to mention completely misleading. Unless they have come up with some new technology they are not discussing, then they just copied ML's design and are pretending that they started something new. Their use of the over-hyped HD terminology in relation to audio also reeks of marketing BS. Nice esthetic design, but so far, I'm not impressed.

I'll echo everyone else: Looks great! I love it! How does it sound?

Latest posts

Back