Nad Master Series

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorn

Reaction score
Has anyone heard the pairing of the new NAD MASTER M3/M55 with MLs?

I have listened to Vistas and Summits paired to M3. It's a very impressive amplifier. It has very neutral sound, excellent dynamics, extreme detail and resolution. It's also very stable at low impedances. At 8 Ohms it tops at 47.3 volts, at 4 Ohms 43.8, at 2 Ohms 39.6, and at 0.1 Ohms :eek: 11 volts, which is VERY impressive. So it drives the Logans with ease, and it will not roll of the highs.

I have listened to Vistas and Summits paired to M3. It's a very impressive amplifier. It has very neutral sound, excellent dynamics, extreme detail and resolution. It's also very stable at low impedances. At 8 Ohms it tops at 47.3 volts, at 4 Ohms 43.8, at 2 Ohms 39.6, and at 0.1 Ohms :eek: 11 volts, which is VERY impressive. So it drives the Logans with ease, and it will not roll of the highs.

Thank you,thats what I wanted to hear. Did it drive the Summits with ease?

The Summits are very efficient at 92 dB/m, plus considering that they disperse sound as a line source if you sit 13 feet away from them it only takes 80W to achieve 105dB SPL. So, to answer your question, with 235Wx2 at 4 ohms continuous power (1%THD) and 480Wx2 dynamic power it has more than enough power to make your ears bleed, without breaking a sweat. It's the power supply and stability of the amplifier that's more important with the Summits, and NAD delivers.

Not enough power in my opinion

I had the M25 and the M55 and I was content with the cd player but the amp just didn't have enough power to play the summits properly. I realize that the M15 will play them better then the M25 because it doesn't have to power multiple things but I was not impressed personally. It seemed like the amp had to yell at me to get its point across. There wasn't enough control at any given volume.

I ended up going with the Krell 402 which is a pretty big jump in price but any of the older Krell stuff is pretty reasonable or grab something with more power from audiogon and your summits will sing rather than yell at you...

Latest posts

Back