My Stereo is Making Me Fat!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCH

Reaction score
Well, not exactly fat; "unfit" would be more accurate. The sorry truth is that ever since I bought the Summits, I have found it incredibly difficult to invest what little spare time I have in exercising. Listening carefully to music is an inherently sedentary pursuit, especially with the stats' small sweet spot. I keep thinking that I'll grow so accustomed to the MLs that I'll be able to leave them alone and head to the treadmill in the basement, but so far that hasn't happened. Everything's a trade-off, I guess. :think:

I've got the same problem!
I have visions of that scene from the animated movie The Triplets of Belleville.... where the cyclist is riding a stationary bicycle in front of a film of a winding country road..... maybe a similar setup could be developed for ML owners? :ROFL:

That's why I belong to 'Planet Fitness' ....24/7 operation, no excuses !!

I wish I could bring my spires to the gym that would be great! instead its crappy headphones

The remote control might be the source of your problem.

Get rid of it!

Something else to help you.

Buy a good turntable if you don't already have one.

Don't play lp, stick with 45rpm.

I've actually gone to the extreme... sometimes exercising in front of my Summits! I have a Waterrower rowing machine (a superb machine BTW, with high WAF too!), and sometimes roll it into my Family/Listening room. Nothing like cranking out some high-energy tunes to keep the pace going!! Come to think of it, I wonder what the acoustic effects of the natural cherry wood might be? :D

Waterrower info here... http://www.waterrower.com

with high WAF too!

Thanks, but you obviously don't know my wife! She'd have a fit if I lugged one of those into the living room!

I do love to row, however. I was in an eight at Oxford, but that was l-o-n-g ago. I've always dreamed of having my own boat, living on a lake, going out in the early morning when the water is still...

Back