My new system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm putting together a system piece by piece. Working extra jobs to pay as I go.

Starting with the maple ML Vistas that I'm breaking in now.

Next, I bought Joey_V's Cary SLP 98 P. "Thanks Joey" for giving me enough time to get the cash together. After checking it out closely I put back in the box for its own protection.

Finished an exterior paint job last week that paid for a new maple ML Depth i that should get here later next week.

I put a down payment on a demo Ayre V-5xe. I hope to pay that off by this time next month.

Does this sound like a good combo?

Any suggestions are welcome...

Satch

Satch, sounds like the makings of winner ! What are your plans for a source ??

Thanks Dave and amey01,

The source I'm using now starts by downloading my cd collection via AIFF lossless files onto an Apple MacBook then wireless via Linksys hooked up to high speed cable internet access to the Squeezebox III. I have a ReadyNas NV+ that I haven't figured out yet. My ignorance with computers is staggering. I'm amazed I've made it this far.

Next I think I'll go with a Benchmark DAC and the Oppo universal player as I think that will work best with my limited budget. I have a 37 inch Phillips LCD in the loop but I'm not much of a movie guy. More into dialog for movies.

I'd like to find a fairly decent used turn table. Probably start looking around April. Something like a scout or something under 2K.

I've made these decisions based largely on what I've read on this forum, could you tell?

Satch

Thanks Dave and amey01,

The source I'm using now starts by downloading my cd collection via AIFF lossless files onto an Apple MacBook then wireless via Linksys hooked up to high speed cable internet access to the Squeezebox III. I have a ReadyNas NV+ that I haven't figured out yet. My ignorance with computers is staggering. I'm amazed I've made it this far.

"Your" ignorance with computers !! I have no friggin clue what you just said , LOL !!!!

Now I do remember ....."momma's got a squeezbox" , I see you have the third revision of it !

Thank God for 'Black Pizza' !!

I'd like to find a fairly decent used turn table. Probably start looking around April. Something like a scout or something under 2K.

REGA P2/3 with Exact Cart... I have a P2 w/ the RB300 arm and Exact. Nice combo and not to expensive on the used market either... YMMV

Too funny Dave,

When I saw that cutout of my quote, I did a double take... whaaa? I likey Black Pizza... Somehow I got that to work.

Pcar928fan, I've drooled over some of the REGA TT's on the A-Gon. I really want to get back to that old needle in the groove feeling I used to get in the 60's, 70's and early 80's.

Thanks,
Satch

Back