My "New Stereo" !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
While not exactly up to the 'Listening' standards of the new CLX's that Tom is enjoying in Lawrence this weekend, my new audio outfit comes with two wheels and nice 'Honkin' 96 cu in V-Twin !

My new FLHX (Street Glide) arrived yesterday, headin' out after Church this morning for a little fathers day ride !

Attachments

• IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 250
With a 110 Voltage adapter and a fabricated mount you could hang a pair of Purity's on the handlebars and simply plug in your iPod for the first ML optioned Harley.

Nice ride, by the way.

Beautiful Dave! Bet in many ways it sounds every bit as good as the ML system...mostly just different!

Schweet! Ready for some cruizin'.:rocker:
Down here in Austin, there were prolly a hundred thousand Harleys for some rally, this weekend.

Last edited:
Good Morning Gents, Thanks for the kind words. It really is good to be back in the saddle of my own bike, not that the rental bikes I've had over the last ten years haven't been fun, it's just better when it's your own.

Well, the virginity of my bike didn't last long......I was only about fifteen miles out riding with a buddy of mine yesterday and we got caught in a rain storm..... guess where I left my rain gear ??? what a rookie, hell I've only been riding motorized two wheel vehicles since I was twelve !

Also, Tom, thanks for the 'heads-up' on the book recomendation.

Congratulations on that bee-yoo-tiful new bike. Although I generally prefer the Japanese, short-wheelbase machines for corner strafing myself, I do enjoy the occasional chance to trade bikes with one of my numerous Harley-owning friends for a few hours from time to time. I usually have the better time than them as the over-powered, twitchy sportbike rarely lends itself to the preferrences of a Harley owner.... :p

Unlike a lot of sport bikers, I can see and have experienced what all the Harley hubbub is about. Great feel, easy to ride, sense of magic-carpet-ride.... Good stuff... I'll scoop up a touring bike one of these days myself -- I'm sure of it. But it'll have to wait until the , inevitable, next time "motorcycle joeyitus" strikes me !! :D

Enjoy, and keep the shiny side up !! :rocker:

~VDR

What recession:bowdown:

Freakin' sweeeeeeet looking ride there, Dave!

Thanks Erik, Wayne, you see the reasoning (if that even makes an once of sense !) behind the new 'scooter' is that the S2000 which currently resides in my Garage goes back to Honda next week. I decided not to purchase the car.

Besides ....my Dad is right .... it's fun spending the kids inheritence !

No Stereo but lots of sound!

There are only 6 of these in the world. Looks even better in Hi-Res the level of detail is amazing. This is a Kenny Dreer Norton VR880 Comando Special, it is an 'All Alloy' bike that was manufactured from a 1972 Norton Commando. There were 50 fiberglass bikes manufactured and 6 'All Alloy'. It was on the cover of the September 1999 issue of Cycle World and I liked it so much I now have two of them. I have some better photos, but I thought I would throw these up and see if anyone in the ML Club recognized Kenny's work.

Attachments

• jspb_DSCN0637.jpg
    jspb_DSCN0637.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 119
  • jspb_DSCN0636.jpg
    jspb_DSCN0636.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Wow, that's nice. Polished aluminum makes me wonder why people make things from stuff other than polished aluminum! :)

Sweet ride ! I love Nortons, Triumph and BSA

You definetly need sunglasses for a ride on a sunny day !!

Was it Kenny that acquired the Norton brand name and tried to produce a "modern" Norton? I wanted one of those real bad, but they folded. Your bike looks great. I owned a '74 and painted it a Corvette metalic blue. That Isolastic frame made it a lot smoother than my '70 BSA!

Just checked. It seems Norton is trying to comeback...:rocker:

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com

Back