My new source

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spike,

Gorgeous Steinway! It looks like it's been well cared for. I couldn't tell from the photo what sheet music was on display. I wish I'd learned to read music when I was 11.

Satch

Make: Ibanez
Model: Jem 90th Anniversary of Hosino Gakki founded in 1908 in Nagoya, Japan.
Year: 1998
Body: Basswood / Maple Bubbinga Neck / Ebony Fret board
Finish: Metallic sky blue with a crazy etched finish (hard to describe and the pictures don't do it justice.
Features: DiMarzio Evolution Pickups. Floyd Rose (Lo Pro Edge) Trem.

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. LIKE IT. WANT IT. GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Great User211, Thats a cool photo of you playing the Les Paul Supreme... Are you playing Interstellar Overdrive or might that be Interplanetary Cosmic Confusion Matrix? I'm having flashbacks...Ack! Bad Dog, Bad Dog!!! Sorry, What key is that in?

Key? Drop diethylamide, of course! No pun intended! But then you always knew that's what drop D tuning stood for anyway:)

On a more serious note... when I can find my camera charger I'll post some clean pics of my Gibson's... boring cos they are Gibson's - but they are nice ones!

That LP Junior is a cool guitar these days and worth a pretty penny I'd wager.

Nice Steinway BTW... and lucky son!

Justin

Last edited:
Just looking through some pics and thought of this thread again...

Here's a pic of my Gibson Acapulco Gold, 1 of 25, a nice piece of Koa, I think. And one of the nicest all Koa acoustics I have seen.

It's quite bright sounding, however, and suits finger picking better than strumming, but it RECORDS really nicely...

It wasn't that expensive... about $1800 if I remember correctly... not cheap but by no means top of the tree!!!

Attachments

• gibson.jpg
    gibson.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
And friends... the Supreme on the left has great fret board manufactured to really tight tolerances... proof G can still make great guitars.

Attachments

• gibson2.jpg
    gibson2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 366
Ooops... that would be 1 of 24... anyway - this always makes me smile:)

Attachments

• gibson3.jpg
    gibson3.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 447
My "Audiophile Wannabe" journey went hand in hand with my journey to learn how to play upright bass and get a great live tone.

That gorgeous bass is a custom TigerSwing from Upton and my bass teacher has been mostly Willie Dixon. word. :D

Satch

Attachments

• 0000aUpton.jpg
    0000aUpton.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 311
Back