My Dog does not want to see my Summits go!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for un updated but slightly smaller Monolith with a stat to woofer crossover at about 150-180 hz...I might give up my CLS for that:bowdown:
Trust me ! You will not give up your CLS , you will be losing them to another lucky owner ! They are HARD to replace!

Jeff,

What do you mean, "You might not need to trade in..."? Are you hinting about maybe an upgrade kit for current Summits? C'mon, don't be a tease!

I'm thinking about the Spire and Depth i, but if there is going to be some good deals on Summits...

Satch

OOOH... dude... upgrade kit!?

Sweet...

Actually Jeff is correct. The arrangement I made for a trade-in is just in case ...... I am told that the upgrade is in the electronics, not the physical. Joey, there's hope you may be able to save most of your $ yet.

Actually Jeff is correct. The arrangement I made for a trade-in is just in case ...... I am told that the upgrade is in the electronics, not the physical. Joey, there's hope you may be able to save most of your $ yet.

Sweet.. a Summit i!

Nice.. there is hope for me...

Yeah, but a conspicuous absence of patience is one of the primary symptoms of joeyitis.

We all should watch it. Look at Ed McMahon losing his mansion at 85 or so. Evander Holyfield broke after earning $120+ million. I bet the poor bastrards never saved a penny in their lives. Delaying some gratification is a good thing.

If there is indeed an upgrade kit, I'm sure that not all Summit owners will want to send in their Summits to ML to be upgraded, but will want to do it themselves, which is understandable, but any remaining warranty would fly out the door.

I'm betting Tom will be able to give us all a definitive word when he comes back from ML next week. If not, I'll hammer on them again end of the month when I go out there.

It's always very hard for a mfr to time any of this kind of thing, because they want to advance their state of the art, but don't want to alienate their existing user base.

My guess is that ML will come up with an amicable solution for everyone, especially considering how heavy Summits are!

Another good reason to have a good relationship with your dealer, if you have one conveniently located near you!

Ah, upgrade to electronics, something I can do any day of the week ;)

Actually, the new DriveRack 4800 is an amazing upgrade to my Monoliths and SL3XC. Talk about tuning options, this thing is so over the top even I am still finding new tweaks to make.

With presets, I can even have special configs for types of music (like a '70's recordings preset that engages the subharmonic synth).

So yes the electronics (crossover/EQ) can indeed improve a unit, I should know as I’m on my fourth Monolith electronics, and my thousandth (or so it seems) config of them. Each an improvement over what went before.

Back