Musical Instrument preference

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
In the popular thread "Call me crazy but they (magic dots) work!" it got a little off topic about instruments. So I figured we could continue it here.

What instrument brand do you prefer?

I will repeat here as I prefer the Yamaha grand piano.

Jackson Guitars. Preferably from their custom shop. :bowdown:

Attachments

• DSCF0225 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0225 (Large).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 87
Not to hijack the thread, but isn't who is playing more important than the brand of instrument?

Jackson Guitars. Preferably from their custom shop. :bowdown:

A friend of mine brought a Jackson into work that looked exactly like the black one. I tried it - not bad but the strings are really close together - good for power chords, but since he's in a metal band, it works great for him.

Bernard, when you play an instrument, you'd understand the topic. People get very particular about their instruments. As much as their hi-fi, if not more so!

I have 3 Gibsons, one leccy, 2 acoustics...:)

Last edited:
Absolutely !! But this is the same as asking any red-blooded man if he has a preference in automobiles... he may stink as a driver, but that takes away nothing from the reasons for his preference.

But tonal qualities, feel, and "handling" of a particular musical instrument mean a lot to a musician. For example... If the sound of a Steinway moves a musician, then he or she, having access to one, is far more likely to play it. And practice makes perfect.

~VDR

Okay, I was looking at it from the point of view of a listener, not a performer, i.e. I prefer some pianists (for example) over others.

I restate here too - I prefer the Bösendorfer.....

You and Tori Amos... she has one shipped around with her on tour.

I always liked the tone of Yamaha guitars. They have (had? it's been a couple of decades) a very full, resonant sound compared to most other mass-produced instruments.

You and Tori Amos... she has one shipped around with her on tour.

I always liked the tone of Yamaha guitars. They have (had? it's been a couple of decades) a very full, resonant sound compared to most other mass-produced instruments.

Oscar Peterson too......

Back