Moving to a new apartment! New adventures for the system!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
So... I am in the process of signing a lease (1yr) for a very nice loft/condo at a very nice part of South Loop in Chicago. It's a very nice set up actually, much nicer than the green carpet university subsidized housing that Wayne, Cherian, and Burke of the Chicago Contingent have seen me slum in over the past few years!

So this place is real nice; hardwood floors, granite kitchen with SS appliances, 12 foot ceilings, marble bathroom with 4 shower heads (I know... I can't wait), luxury carpeting in 2 bedrooms, fireplace, floor-to-ceiling windows, balcony facing garden area, indoor heated parking spot for me, in-unit laundry, pool, fitness, rooftop access to view the skyline, rec room for parties... SO COOL!

Anyway, this is going to be a challenge setting up the system in the living room... I don't know how the Summits are going to interact with the high ceilings, the hardwood floors, the windows....

It's going to be a challenge, but I'm crossing my fingers that the overall acoustic experience will be a good one and an upgrade from my current hole-in-the-wall set up!

I'll keep you guys posted with pics and all!

I move in the 1st of June (I was hoping I was moved in prior to Dave coming to town so maybe he could sleep over)... thanks for all the comments on my other thread btw!

Joey :)

Hi Joey,

Been there and done that on several occasions.

Current house is very similar to what you describe. Send me a PM or I can provide info on the Club website.

Your choice.

Regards,

Gordon

PS: Expect your system to sound more dynamic and detailed in your new place. Just need to watch out for sibilance but with your Cary, I don't think it will be an issue.

Your system will sound so much better now that the Summits will have some breathing room. You may want to get a rug for that hardwood floor, and some isolators for the feet. Spiking them directly into the hardwood floor could give you some unwanted reverberations in the bass. Gordon can fill you in on that. I also highly recommend some well placed acoustic treatments. Just a few bass traps and absorption panels will make a dramatic difference in your sound. Have fun with it. Sounds like an awesome place. Can't wait to come visit you in Chicago.

Back