Moving and need help on how to lift my Purity so not to damage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernutz5000

Reaction score
I purchased used Purity speakers and I love them but because I do not have the original boxes was wondering what is the best way to pick them up and move them without damaging.

phone ML and get them to sell you a set of purity boxes. i did that for a couple of my speakers (scripts and depth) and it is the best way to ship these guys.

Sorry to stand you up on a pedestal on your first post, but I think we can all learn something from this. KEEP YOUR BOXES! Not only does it make moving easier and safer, but it increases your resale value too!

Sorry to stand you up on a pedestal on your first post, but I think we can all learn something from this. KEEP YOUR BOXES! Not only does it make moving easier and safer, but it increases your resale value too!

Well the place I bought them from did not save the boxes so I can blame them but still wonder what is the best way to lift these suckers.

well you better have some deep pockets, i had water get into my bassement and destroy my summit boxes and i called martin logan and they said they cost 256.00 each plus shipping. guess what i have no intention in selling them but it will be without the boxes.

Perhaps I did not explain my question properly. I can move the speakers to the new house without the $600 boxes but was wondering how to lift them properly to move when say vacuuming or putting in another room. Do they come apart or do you need two people or do you lift by the sound port hole?

For my aerius i, I just grab them by the sides (wood trim) and move them that way when cleaning the floors.

In your case, you probably need to grab them from the sides (press firmly with flat hands) and lift them up off the ground. Another idea is try and lift it from the bottom surface onto a little furniture dolly. You might need a friend to help with this, so be careful.

Are your speakers on spikes? If not, maybe place those felt furniture pads on the bottom of the speakers (?). This depends on the floor surface. If it's hard and smooth, this isn't a bad way to go.

I have a pair of Puritys. The panel makes them look fragile, but the frame is really sturdy. Put one hand under the base to pick it up and one hand on the side to support it from falling over. They are somewhat heavy, but you can move them by yourself.

Perhaps I did not explain my question properly. I can move the speakers to the new house without the $600 boxes but was wondering how to lift them properly to move when say vacuuming or putting in another room. Do they come apart or do you need two people or do you lift by the sound port hole?

Okay...so if it's not about shipping, but about "picking them up". Question...didn't you lift them to put them where they are now?

Other folks have given you the right advice as the "shipping" them is the bigger issue than "lifting them". As far as I'm concerned, use common sense, and lift them how you feel comfortable, they aren't made of paper.

Back