Mounting Scripts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tah800

Reaction score
I am in the process of wiring nad mounting my Scripts. The manual provided with them indicates that the top hole in the bracket should be 38" from the floor. Just wondered what your opinions on that height would be. That would make the top of that speaker about 59" from the floor. Seemed a bit low but then again I've never dealt with this kind of speaker before. Are they best pointed straight ahead or should they be swiveled inward or outward. I'm going to use Monster Z2 spaker wire. Seems heavy enough. My run from amp to speaker will be 35ft. My room is 22ft long but I'll have to travel up an 8ft wall across and then down another 6 ft. Art

I am using these as my surround speakers and have them mounted as instructed. There are a lot of variables to mounting including whether they are to be behind or to the side of the listening position and the height of the listening position as well. Mounting them at the recommended level means that most listeners will get maximum coverage from the woofer and ESL elements. The wall mount allows for some rotation and toe-in adjustment as well. I would suggest that, if possible you place them on a temporary at the mounting height and see how they sound to you.

I am using these as my surround speakers and have them mounted as instructed. There are a lot of variables to mounting including whether they are to be behind or to the side of the listening position and the height of the listening position as well. Mounting them at the recommended level means that most listeners will get maximum coverage from the woofer and ESL elements. The wall mount allows for some rotation and toe-in adjustment as well. I would suggest that, if possible you place them on a temporary at the mounting height and see how they sound to you.

I had started a similar thread a few months back. If you search for "script", you should get some good hits.

I experimented with mounting them exactly as described in the manual and mounting them upside down. When experimenting, I had them playing 2 channel music to better hear the sound. There was definitely a difference in sound but, to my ear, the traditional way of mounting sounded the best. That puts the middle of the electrostat panel (or actually slightly lower than the middle) at ear level when seated. Sound when you are standing is also quite good, actually - very room filling for small guys like this.

I could not hear any audible difference moving them up or down 4-5 inches. They did not seem as sensitive to placement as Summits.

Sonically, I think the ML recommendation works best.

I'm an Upside downer.
Did it for aesthetic purposes.
I just didn't like the scripts mounted so low to the ground when mounting right side up.
As suggested I would expierment with position before permantly mounting.
I did this and still came back and lowered them further after having them mounted for about a month.

I use mine for surround duties and for the last 2 years I've had them right side up as surrounds and sounded great..Now, I've moved and have them in a dedicated HT....I started with them right side up and when I sat down to watch a movie I would totally lose the ESL sound (very frustrating). So, I flipped them upside down and Magic, they sound awesome!

It all depends on your setup and what you're application of the speaker is going to be used for primarily...IMHO

Dan

Attachments

• DSCN1019.JPG
    DSCN1019.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 102
I would add to what has already been said that as far as toe-in and toe-out, that you should search for threads about toe-in and the Jim Power flashlight or laser light trick.

From your listening postion, you still will want to tow-in so that the inner 3rd of the panel is dead on to the listening postion. As for rake, you will have to try listening with it straight up or slightly tilted back to see which one you prefer.

The good news is, due to Script mounting, adjustments are quick and easy.

Back